Dark Tales of Edinburgh Walking Tour with German-Speaking Guide
Small, personal 5 star group tour with a maximum of 12 people.
Delve into the darker recesses of Edinburgh’s past on this 75-minute walking tour with a German-speaking guide. As darkness falls over the Old Town, hear about the public executions and tortures staged here and explore the cobbled alleyways around St Giles Cathedral. Then, descend into the Blair Street Vaults beneath the South Bridge. Listen to tales about the strange happenings associated with these eerie chambers, including the story of Edinburgh’s 19th century bodysnatchers said to have hunted and perhaps hidden their victims in the caverns.
per adult from
1 hour 15 minutes
What's included :
- Award-winning local storytellers
- Small group experience
- Exclusive access to Blair Street Underground Vaults
- TourTalk radio receiver to enjoy live storytelling at safe distance
- Live native German guide
- Entry/Admission - Mercat Tours
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: St Giles' Cathedral, High Street Historic Royal Mile, Edinburgh EH1 1RE Scotland
See the stunning architecture of St. Giles Cathedral
Stop At: Edinburgh Old Town, Edinburgh EH1 Scotland
Explore the nooks and crannies of Edinburgh's old closes
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Mercat Tours, 28 Blair Street, Edinburgh EH1 1QR Scotland
Visit our Blair Street Vaults and learn all about the industry and illicit side of life
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Mercat Cross, Parliament Square, Edinburgh Scotland
Tour meeting point.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Royal Mile, Edinburgh EH1 2PB Scotland
Stroll and soak in the atmosphere of Edinburgh's Royal Mile throughout your tour.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Mercat Cross, High St, Edinburgh EH1 1RF, UK
Departure Time :6:00 PM
Return Detail :28 Blair St, Edinburgh EH1 1QR, UK
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children over 5yrs only
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Tours are guaranteed all year round, so please dress for the weather, with comfortable shoes.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You will be part of a small group (max 12) and we'll provide "Tour Talk" radio sets to make social distancing easier. Please bring your own face masks and earphones (disposable earphones can be provided).
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Organised by Mercat Tours