David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust and Kibera Slum Tour from Nairobi
The tour allows travelers to explore two different sides of Nairobi city. First is the rich suburbs that includes David Sheldrick wildlife Trust (Elephant orphanage) commonly referred as a safe haven for young, lost and injured elephants. Being one of Africa’s oldest wildlife charities and a leading conservation organisation, the Sheldrick Wildlife Trust embraces all measures that complement the conservation, preservation and protection of wildlife.
Secondly, Kibera slums, famously known as the friendliest slum in the world. Kibera is home to close to one million people and hosts diverse cultures and to some extent, races. It is a neighborhood that upholds the spirit of peace, love and unity. Booking with us gives the traveler a chance to visit a market, an orphanage/school, a typical slum house and one family, a pub or restaurant (optional), a bead shop, a bone recycling plant and an aerial view of the slum.
per adult from
6 to 7 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water - Travelers are adviced to avoid drinking water directly from the tap.
- Entry/Admission - David Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage
- Entry/Admission - Kibera
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: David Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage, Nairobi National Park, Nairobi Kenya
Public education from the David Shedrick team
Milk rearing of young elephants and mud bath
Donate/Foster an elephant
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Kibera, Nairobi Kenya
See Toi and Adams arcade markets
Volunteer at Hope and shine Kibera Center. A local kindergarten aiming at sustainable child development.
Have an aerial view of Kibera
Visit Power Women Group. Learn their story living positely with HIV/AIDS.
Shop at Victorious Bone Craft.
Enjoy leisure time with kids at Hope and Shine Kibera Center.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Arrangements for pick up at hotels outside Nairobi should be made at the time of booking as prices may vary based on distance from the city center. Airports
- Jomo Kenyatta Intl Airport, Nairobi Kenya
- Wilson Airport, Nairobi Kenya
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.