Day Excursion To Chettinad Region From Trichy With Lunch
The Chettinad district is about 60 miles from Trichy in the South Indian state of Tamil Nadu. The district gets its name from the Chettiars, a powerful and prosperous business community whose influence is clearly discernible in the region's culture, crafts and cuisine. The old wealth of the Chettiars can still be seen in the large number of elaborate 19th century mansions they built in a mix of Indian and European styles. On this day-excursion visit some of the finest Chettinad mansions.
• Large courtyards
• Colonnaded corridors
• Richly decorated rooms
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Local English speaking guide
- Lunch (beverage excluded)
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person
- Entry/Admission - Chettinad
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Chettinad, Tiruchirappalli India
You will be picked up from your hotel in the morning and driven to the Chettinad district. The area comprises around 70 villages and towns, the most prominent amongst them being Karaikudi, Athangudi, Kanadukathan, Kandanur and Kadiyapatti.
The Chettinad style of architecture is known for its large and spacious central courtyard and colonnaded side galleries that lead to family rooms. Most of the marble has been imported from Italy. The chandeliers are from Burma and the huge wall-to-wall mirrors from Belgium.
Most of the old families have moved to cities, leaving behind their palatial mansions in the hands of caretakers. Some families have opened up their homes to visitors for homestays, while a few other mansions have been converted into heritage hotels.
At the end of the tour, stop for a typical Chettinad lunch at a local restaurant (beverage excluded).
After lunch you will be driven back to Trichy and dropped off at your hotel.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Tamil Nadu, Tamil Nadu
Traveler pickup is offered
We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point wiithin city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.Airports
- Old Terminal Building,Trichy Airport, Thirunagar, Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu 620007, India
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers.
- Dress code is smart casual.
- A small amount of walking is involved.
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.