Day Excursion To Ourika Valley and High Atlas From Marrakech: Shared
The Ourika Valley starts about 40 km south of Marrakech heading towards the Atlas mountains, and Ourika is a typical region of High Atlas Mountains.The day program includes the visit to a Berber family to understand more about the daily routine of this Moroccan indigenous population. The host will perform the mint tea cerimony, the national hot drink enjoyed several times during the day, basically an aggregative ritual among family members, friends, and visitors.
per adult from
7 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Local guide
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: High Atlas Mountains, 40000 Morocco
also called the Grand Atlas Mountains The High Atlas rises in the west at the Atlantic Ocean and stretches in an eastern direction to the Moroccan-Algerian border. At the Atlantic and to the southwest the range drops abruptly and makes an impressive transition to the coast and the Anti-Atlas range. The range includes Jbel Toubkal, which at 4,167 m (2.589 mi; 13,671 ft) is the highest in the range and lies in Toubkal National Park. snow falls regularly, allowing winter sports. Snow lasts well into late spring in the High Atlas, mostly on the northern faces of the range. On the Western High Atlas, there is Oukaïmeden, one of three main ski stations in Morocco.
The High Atlas forms the basins for a multiplicity of river systems. The majority of the year-round rivers flow to the north, providing the basis for the settlements there. A number of wadis and seasonal rivers terminate in the deserts to the south and plateaux to the east of the mountains.
The High-Atlas Mountains are inhabited by Berbers, who live from agriculture and pastoralism in the valleys. In the steppe zone of the High-Atlas, where precipitations are low, the locals created a smart technique in managing the low precipitations and the weak soil. They turn the rather semi-arid lands into fertile valleys called locally by Agdal (garden in Berber). This technique has intrigued many Western agriculturalists, in which they were impressed by the high efficiency of this agricultural system. Many scientists, particularly French scientists, make yearly expeditions to observe the community and their living system.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Ourika Valley, Ourika Morocco
The Ourika Valley is a valley of the Moroccan High Atlas located 30 km from Marrakech. It is mainly populated by people of Berber language and Chleuh dialect. Despite its proximity to Marrakech, it is still considered a relatively preserved valley, both in its nature and in its traditional mountain lifestyle.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up all our customers from hotels or Guet houses inside Marrakech city.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 17 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.