Day Hike Cusco Historical Outskirts
The ability to explore ancient archaeological sites and hike through local countryside so close to Cusco is what makes this activity so charming. Because it's mostly downhill, this is a great practice hike for people who plan to hike longer more strenuous trails in the Sacred Valley.
per adult from
4 to 5 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Entrance Tickets for all the sites
- 1 Way transport to the start of the hike
- Full time guide service from pickup to dropoff at your hotel
- Entry/Admission - Tambomachay
- Entry/Admission - Q'enqo
- Entry/Admission - Sacsayhuaman
What's excluded :
- Bottled water - Please provide enough drinking water and snacks for the entire 4-5 hour activity
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tambomachay, Cusco Peru
20 minute drive to the tranquil terraced rocks of Tambomachay ruins (meaning guest house), with aqueducts, waterfalls and canals. It is said that the Inca emperor came here to bathe and perform religious rites in the water. Begin 7KM / 4.5MI hike stopping for a guided tour at Tambomachay, Qenco, Sacsayhuaman, and finally back to your hotel by 1300 to 1400 hours. Amazing views of Cusco. Very easy mostly downhill route can be done at your pace.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Q'enqo, Cusco Peru
After your tour of Tambomachay you continue walking through farms and rural countryside (mostly downhill) hike to Qenco temple ruins where sacrifices and mummification took place (with beautiful views of Cusco city) Guide conducts tour at each stop. (bring backpack with water, sunscreen, raingear, snacks, hats, cameras)
The terrain is rough unmarked paths in some sections. There's no steep descents or scrambling over rock. It's considered an easy hike because it's mostly downhill, but people need to be able to walk for several hours and carry small backpack with everything they need for the day. Appropriate for older children and active senior citizens.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Sacsayhuaman, Cusco 08000 Peru
The final stop on your hike back to Cusco is at Sacsayhuaman ruins. First built by the Killke culture beginning 1100 A.D. and expanded by the Inca. It’s considered the largest structure built and one of the most significant archaeological legacies of the Incas. Due to the complexity of the layout of the massive blocks of stone, some bigger than a car, it is said that the construction of Sacsayhuaman lasted more than 50 years and employed over 20,000 men in the construction. Return to hotel on foot where the tour concludes.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Adios guide and driver will pickup from lobby of any hotel in Cusco city center. Be ready by 8AM and pickups will be from 8 AM to 8:30AM. Trip Adviser platform forced us to list a hotel in Cusco. So we added JW Marriott because it's well known. But please disregard if you are staying at another hotel. We will pick you up from YOUR hotel. NOTE: we cannot pickup from hotels outside the city center or in the Sacred Valley. If you have any questions, about the location of your hotel, please contact us in advance.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- For Ages 8 and over
- Not recommended for infants or children under 8
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Please carry backpack with rain gear, sun protection, full day supply of water and snacks
- Not recommended for travelers who cannot carry small daypacks and hike (with stops for tours) for at least 5 Hours
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.