Day orangutan trek
Our team is made of experienced English-speaking guides who are certified by the Indonesia Tourist Guides Association (ITGA-HPI Himpunan Pramuwisata Indonesia). They strictly follow the Gunung Leuser National Park guidelines and do their best to keep the jungle clean and the wildlife safe!
We organize unique and unforgettable jungle trekking
striving to respect and preserve the unique ecosystem & biodiversity of the Gunung-Leuser National Park and especially protect the endangered Sumatran Orangutans. Our eco-friendly daily tours aim to support local people & traditional activities.
The love of nature, respect and sustainability. We believe that we all have a role to play in the preservation of the rainforest and its wildlife but also in the support of local communities.
Choosing a trek or a tour with us is your way to act in favor of our amazing but endangered rainforest, its exceptional biodiversity and its inhabitants!
per adult from
What's included :
- Bottled water
- All Fees and Taxes
- Guide fee
- Tube rafting back after the trek.
- Fruit on break time.
What's excluded :
- Entrance fee to the Gunung Leuser National Park of 10 Euros/person.
8.30am you will start your journey into the jungle of Gunung Leuser National Park to see wild orangutans. On your trek (6-7 hours), your guide will educate you on the local wildlife, flora and fauna you may encounter in Gunung Leuser. After lunch, you will continue your trek to see other wildlife (if you’re lucky you may see the Thomas’ leaf monkey, white-handed gibbon, black gibbon, long-tailed macaque, pig-tailed macaque, hornbills, peacocks and monitor lizards) and learn about the trees/plants which can be used in traditional medicine.
Late afternoon-on arrival at camp, you are free to enjoy the fresh water of the Bohorok river, swim and relax. Later on, you will leave the campsite by traditional rafting boat (‘jungle style’) following the river downstream to the village Bukit Lawang.
• Bukit Lawang, Bukit Lawang, North Sumatra, Sumatra
• Gunung Leuser National Park, Gunung Leuser National Park, North Sumatra, Sumatra
Departure Point :Green travelodge, Jl. Orangutan, Bukit Lawang, Kec. Bohorok, Kabupaten Langkat, Sumatera Utara 20852, Indonesia
Traveler pickup is offered
Please let us know the name of your hotel in Bukit Lawang, 1 day before the trip start. Our team will be come to pick up at 08:30 am later.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.