Day Tour from Plovdiv full with History, Nature & Forgotten Village Experiences
Discover the ancient history and stunning nature of the Rhodope Mountains within an hour drive from Plovdiv. This tour will not only introduce you to the area's most prominent architecture examples - Asen's Fortress and Bachkovo Monastery, but also will lead you deep into the roots and traditions of the local people. You will visit a village which locals refer to as 'the village where time has stopped'. Not visited by many tourists today, this place still preserves the authentic lifestyle and architecture of its dwellers. You will get the chance to taste the most delicious specialities of the region made by our lovely hosts who have prepared a bag of stories for you. Your adventure ends with the magnificent natural phenomena - The Wonder Bridges, which fascinated its visitors with its grandeur beauty and mystical energy.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Professional Guide Services
- Entry/Admission - Assenova krepost (Asen's Fortress)
- Entry/Admission - Bachkovo Monastery
- Entry/Admission - Chudnite Mostove / Wonder Bridges
What's excluded :
- Personal Expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Assenova krepost (Asen's Fortress), Asenovgrad 4000 Bulgaria
We will make our way through a scenic route leading to one of the most spectacular fortresses on the territory of Bulgaria. The Asen’s Fortress is situated on top of a steep hill which opens a fantastic view of the surrounding mountains. Its strategic location made its walls impregnable for so many centuries. The Citadel, which was constructed by the Thracian tribes in the area, is dated back to 5th century BC. Since then, it endured invasions and achieved victories only to reach our present times and to continue fascinating us with its rich history and intangible beauty. Your leader will reveal the most exciting stories hiding behind the walls of this ancient fortress, introducing you to the lives and the destinies of its dwellers.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Bachkovo Monastery, 10km south of Asenovgrad on the main road between Assenovgrad and Smolyan, Bachkovo 4251 Bulgaria
We head off to Bachkovo Monastery – the second biggest monastery in Bulgaria. Build as a centre for Georgian monasticism the cloister witnessed the great struggles between the Byzantine Empire and the Bulgarian Kingdom. It served as a clashing point of many cultures and religions, finally to came under the authority of the Bulgarian Exarchate in 1894. Follow your leader, who is by profession an art historian, to understand more about the history and symbolism embedded in the beautiful murals on the church walls and the rich collections of jewellery, coins, and old manuscripts preserved in the library.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Town Hall Kosovo, Косово, ул. Хан Аспарух 24, 9974 Kosovo, Bulgaria
It's time for some rest. We will stop at the charming little village of Kosovo, rarely visited today, which vividly protects the authentic lifestyle of its villagers. The local people say that the time has stopped there
– the architecture of the houses still conserves the 19th-century revival spirit of the Bulgarian people. Our hosts will welcome us for lunch, introducing you to one of the best culinary specialities of the region. Enjoy this journey through tastes and admire the astonishing nature all around.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Chudnite Mostove / Wonder Bridges, 4877 Chepelare, Bulgaria
The last stop of this tour will be one of the most spectacular natural phenomena in the Rhodopes – the “Wounder Bridges”. Passing under the impressive open caves will leave you with the long-lasting memory for this unforgettable experience and the intense emotions one feels when standing before the power of nature.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
All Hotels in Plovdiv, Airbnb & Rental Apartments
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.