Day Tour Islamic Christian Cairo
This private full-day tour visits both Islamic and Christian Cairo.
per adult from
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Lunch at local restaurant
- Qualified Egyptologist guide
- All Fees and Taxes
What's excluded :
- Gratuities (optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cairo Citadel, Al Abageyah Shar'a Salih Salem, Cairo 11511 Egypt
Your private tour starts at 8:00 am with a pickup from your hotel in Cairo. Start your full day tour visiting Old Cairo, also known as Coptic Cairo, a center for Christian activity. It is believed to have been an important location visited by the Holy Family, and where the spiritual impact of their presence is most felt to this day. They took shelter in a cave above which, in later years, the Church of Abu Serga (St Sergious) was built. The whole area of the Fort of Babylon is a destination of pilgrimage not only for the Egyptians but for Christians from around the world. An air of piety and devotion pervades the whole district there.
You will be able to visit and enter the Church of Abu-Sergah and St. Barbara, the hanging church, and the old Jewish synagogue – Ben Ezra Synagogue. Approximately 2 hours will be spent in these areas.
Next comes lunch at a local restaurant where you will spend about an hour.
Then continue your day tour to Islamic Cairo, founded in 641 A.D by the first Muslim leader, Amr Ibn Elas. You will be able to visit and enter Masjid Amr Ibn Elas Mosque that was built by him in 642 A.D.
This will be followed by a visit to the largest mosque in Cairo which is El Sultan Hassan Mosque, also known as `Madrasa El Sultan Hassan` that was founded by Sultan Hassan in 1356 A.D The Mosque-Madrassa of Sultan Hassan is a massive Mamluk era mosque and madrassa located near The Citadel in Cairo. At the time of construction, the mosque was considered remarkable for its fantastic size and innovative architectural components. The mosque was, for example, designed to include schools for all four of the Sunni schools of thought: Shafi’i, Maliki, Hanafi and Hanbali.
You will spend about 2 hours in this portion of the city, then be brought back to your hotel in the afternoon.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We do pickup all travelers in Cairo city with an extra costAirports
- Cairo Intl Airport, Cairo Egypt
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Near public transportation
- Wheelchair accessible
- Not stroller accessible
- Not suitable for pets
- Not wheelchair accessible
- We do pick up all travelers in Cairo city
- Wheelchair accessible
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.