Day Tour of Aswan, Philae Temple and Obelisk
Enjoy highlights of Aswan in Aswan Day Tour. Our tours will take you to the High Dam that created Lake Nasser, as well as the Unfinished Obelisk to see how ancient Egyptians cut these huge stone pillars, and finally Philae Temple.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick up service from your hotel in Aswan and return
- Professional speaking tour guide
- Entrance fees to the mentioned historical places
- All transfers by a modern air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottle water during your trip
- All service charges and taxes
- Entry/Admission - Temple of Philae
- Entry/Admission - Unfinished Obelisk
- Entry/Admission - Aswan High Dam
What's excluded :
- Any extras not mentioned in the program
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Temple of Philae, Island of Agilika, Aswan Egypt
This beautiful temple complex is one of the most picturesque in all of Egypt. It sits on Aglika Island just south of the old Aswan Dam and you must ride a water taxi to the island to get to the ruins. The temple was moved to its current location following the construction of the High Dam, which threatened to submerge it permanently.
The careful reconstruction at the current site carefully completed, painstakingly preserving the original appearance and layout of the complex and even landscaping the island to match its former location.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Unfinished Obelisk, Sheyakhah Oula, Aswan Egypt
The Unfinished Obelisk is a rare opportunity to consider what this process might have been like and just how difficult it was to shape and carve the great stone blocks that makeup Egypt’s many monuments.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Aswan High Dam, Manteqet As Sad Al Aali, Aswan Egypt
The construction began on the High Dam in 1960, it was the most heralded part of President Gamal Abdel Nasser’s effort to develop Egypt for all Egyptians.
It was completed in 1971 and the huge reservoir behind it, named for President Nasser, finished filling in 1979.
It is an impressive sight and views south over Lake Nasser and north toward the old Aswan Dam are spectacular.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- - Masks will be given to clients who do not have their own. - Admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius ( 99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund for the land tour will be given
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.