Day Tour to David Gareja
We cross the semi-desert of South-Eastern Georgia, stopping off at the anomaly of Udabno village, before reaching the contested borderlands with Azerbaijan. Today’s tour is as epic as the legends portrayed on the 12th century cave walls... and as dazzling as a desert mirage.
8 to 9 hours
What's included :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - David Gareja Monastery
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: David Gareja Monastery, Mount Gareja, Udabno Georgia
At David Gareja Cave Monastery our guide will weave a web of fascinating tales. Learn of 6th century shepherds-turned-monks inspired by founder David’s asceticism. Hear myths of eagles that delivered fish when times were tough.
The drive back is often a riot of conversation revolving around all we have seen and experienced. Lunch with a local family will fill our bellies as we fuel your curiosity all the way back to Tbilisi.
Duration: 8 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up our guests from their preferred locations in Tbilisi.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.