Day Tour To Tbilisi Mtskheta -Jvari From Yerevan
Starting FromYerevan Discover the historic monuments, atmospheric neighborhoods, and nature spots of Georgia’s capital on this full-day tour of Tbilisi.
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle/guide/driver/
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Jvari Church
- Entry/Admission - Tbilisi Auto Museum
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Jvari Church, Mtskheta Georgia
Jvari Church, Mtskheta, Mtskheta-Mtianeti Region
Mtskheta was founded by the ancient Meschian tribes in the 5th century BC. It was capital of the early Georgian Kingdom of Iberia from the 3rd century BC to the 5th century AD. It was a site of early Christian activity resulting in Christianization of Iberia, where Christianity was proclaimed the state religion in 337. It remains the headquarters of the Georgian Orthodox Church.
stop at:Jvari Monasteryis a sixth century Georgian Orthodox monastery near Mtskheta, eastern Georgia. Along with other historic structures of Mtskheta, it is listed as a World Heritage site by UNESCO. Jvari Monastery stands on the rocky mountaintop at the confluence of the Mtkvari and Aragvi rivers . According to traditional accounts, on this location in the early 4th century Saint Nino, a female evangelist credited with converting King Mirian III of Iberia to Christianity, erected a large wooden cross on the site of a pagan temple. The cross was reportedly able to work miracles and therefore drew pilgrims from all over the Caucasus. A small church was erected over the remnants of the wooden cross in c.545 named the "Small Church of ,,Jvari"
s Duration: 2hour
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Tbilisi Auto Museum, 79 Automuseum Street, Tbilisi Georgia
Full-Day Tour of Tbilisi and Mtskheta. followed by a cultural visit to UNESCO listed Mtskheta.Fortress.
STOP AT TBILISI ;We will visit:
• Peace bridge
• Park rikhe
• Cable car Narikhala fortress - Mother of Kartli
• Sulfur bathes
• Meidan sq.
• Sharden str. Duration: 5 hour
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Yerevan, Armenia
Return Detail :Yerevan, Armenia
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.