Day trip from Addis Ababa to Debre Libanos, Portuguese Bridge, Galada Baboon etc
The drive to Debre Libanos will give a glimpse of the Ethiopian Countryside, The Life in The Monastery, Ethiopian orthodox church, cave church, 16th Century Portuguese Bridge, Waterfall during rainy season, Endemic Birds, Endemic Mamals, and the stunning view of the Jema river gorge one of the tribute of the Blue Nile.
On our way back to Addis We will try the Best Ethiopian honey wine.
per adult from
8 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Fuel surcharge
- Guide at the sites
- Driver Allowance
- All Entrance Fees
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Debre Libanos Monastery
- Entry/Admission - Ethio-German Park Hotel
- Entry/Admission - Portuguese Bridge
- Entry/Admission - Mount Entoto
What's excluded :
- All not Mentioned on The Inclusion
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Debre Libanos Monastery, North West of Addis Ababa Seimien Shewa Zone of Oromia Region, Debre Libanos 1000 Ethiopia
Drive to Debre Libanos en-route visiting The Rural Part of Ethiopia. Debre Libanos is an important monastic center for Ethiopian Orthodox Christianity. The monastery was founded by the renowned 13th century mystic, St Teklehaimanot.
Duration: 50 minutes
Stop At: Ethio-German Park Hotel, Ethiopia
Drive to the nearest hotel where we will have a quick lunch. while having a lunch see the Jemma River, which is one of the tributaries of the Nile, and there is a drop of nearly 1000 metres to the valley below.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Portuguese Bridge, Near the Blue Nile Water Fall, Debre Libanos Ethiopia
after lunch walk about 300m and see the famous 16th century the bridge is known by the tourists as Portuguese bridge, the narrow span makes it to look like the Portuguese style but it was actually built by the Ethiopians. the gushing (in the rainy season) cascade just below it is even more impressive. We will also see one of Ethiopia’s endemic mammals, the Gelada or bleeding heart baboon. (In the gorge we will see a variety of vultures – Lamergeyer’s, Ruppell’s and Lappet faced vultures.)
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Sululta, Sululta, Oromiya Region
After Visiting the Debre Libanos, Portuguse Bridge, Jemma river gorge we will stop in Sulultal to do and Ethiopian honey Wine ( Tej ) testing at the traditional restaurant, the Ethiopian Honey wine It is flavored with the powdered leaves and twigs of hops, which will be served by a flask like bottle.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Mount Entoto, Addis Ababa Ethiopia
After spending sometime at the wine testing place, we will drive uphill to Entoto, which once was Emperor Minilik II’s permanent camp. Driving the hill there is an considerable drop in altitude and the air is filled with the scent of the Eucalyptus trees which cover the area. From the top, there is a panoramic view of the capital and surrounding countryside.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Chiromeda Market, Toward Entoto Hill, Addis Ababa Ethiopia
After spending sometime in the Mountain we will drive down to the city, we will find The market, that has a variety of traditional clothing like Dress, Shawl, Scarf, Bed Cover, Napkins, Mens Shirt, etc... all locally hand made product are being sold here.
Stooping here is optional.
Pass By: Embassy of the United States of America, Algeria St, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Drive through the US embassy which is one of the largest embassy in Ethiopia...
NB. Photography is Prohibited here.
Pass By: Yekatit 12 Martyrs Square, Addis Ababa Ethiopia
Yekatit 12 Martyrs Square Monument is located near the Addis Ababa University and the Lion Zoo. This place has a significant historical background.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- We will keep you safe during your travel in Ethiopia, as our Guides & drivers are well trained and aware of the The World Travel & Tourism Council safety, health and security of travelers. Safe Trip
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.