Day Trip Garni Temple,Geghard Monastery Basaltic Organ
Starting From Yerevan Armenia’s greatest historical sites on this exciting guided tour and marvel at the vastness of the surrounding nature and be prepared to get very acquainted with Ancient Greek statuary and architecture as well as centuries-old monastery where you can feel the early Christianity breath.
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle/guide/driver
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Monastery of Geghard, Near Goght Village, Geghard Armenia
St. Geghard symbolizes the lance with which the Roman centurion pierced Jesus after crusifixion. Later the lance had been brought to Armenia and kept in Geghard Monastery for 5 centuries. The complex presents Armenia of 13th century, which is considered to be the Golden Age of the country’s architecture. However, the most astonishing part of this complex is its architectural solution churches drilled into the solid rock that were constructed in accordance to the rules of Armenian architecture. Duration:1h30min
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Garni Temple, Geghard Monastery Road H3, Garni Armenia
The structure was probably built by king Tiridates I in the first century AD as a temple to the sun god Mihr. After Armenia's conversion to Christianity in the early fourth century, it was converted into a royal summer house of Khosrovidukht, the sister of Tiridates III. According to some scholars it was not a temple but a tomb and thus survived the universal destruction of pagan structures. It collapsed in a 1679 earthquake. Renewed interest in the 19th century led to excavations at the site in early and mid-20th century, and its eventual reconstruction between 1969 and 1975, using the anastylosis method. It is one of the main tourist attractions in Armenia and the central shrine of Armenian neopaganism.
stop at :Basaltic Organ Duration:2h30min
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Yerevan, Armenia
Traveler pickup is offered
yerevan city center and any hotels
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.