Day Trip in Transylvania : Bran (Dracula Castle) and Peles Castle from Bucharest
Leave Bucharest behind for the mountains, traditions, and medieval legends of Transylvania. On this day trip, journey into the shadows of the Carpathians, where tales of Dracula linger inside the Gothic towers of Bran Castle. You’ll also visit fairy tale Peles Castle in Sinaia, tucked into the forest and ranked among Europe’s most beautiful palaces. A personal driver and guide make it easy to visit both of these top attractions in one legendary day.
per adult from
8 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- WiFi on board
- Parking Fees
- Personal and luggage insurance
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Peles Castle
- Entry/Admission - Bran Castle (Dracula's Castle)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Peles Castle, Str. Pelesului 2, Sinaia 106100 Romania
Our trip starts from Bucharest, and in about 2 hours you will be in Sinaia City where you will visit the first castle: Peles Castle.. King Carol I of Romania built his summer home, Peleș Castle, near the town in the late nineteenth century. Peles Castle is a masterpiece of German new-Renaissance architecture, considered by many one of the most stunning castles in Europe. Peles Castle was the first European castle entirely lit by electrical current. The electricity was produced by the castle's own plant.The castle has a theater room with 60 seats, the glass ceiling of the hall of fame is mobile, driven by an electric motor and since 1883 it benefited of central heating.The first movie projection in Romania is reported to have taken place in this room.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Bran Castle (Dracula's Castle), Str. General Traian Mosoiu nr. 24, Bran 507025 Romania
Surrounded by an aura of mystery and legend and perched high atop a 200-foot-high rock, Bran Castle owes its fame to its imposing towers and turrets as well as to the myth created around Bram Stocker's Dracula. Surrounded by towers and ramparts, this “pugnacious little fortress”, as Queen Marie called it, is a truly stunning castle, especially against the beautiful background dominated by the Carpathian Mountains.Narrow winding stairways lead through some 60 timber rooms, many connected by underground passages, which house collections of furniture, weapons and armor dating from the 14th to the 19th centuries.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup from any address in Bucharest
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Until March 30, Peles Castle is closed Tuesday.You can only visit the outside.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.