Day-trip Shkoder - Lezhe - Kruje
This tour is designed to meet the requirements of history and archaeology lovers, but it is in the mean time perfect for nature lovers, active travelers and those who want to emerge more into the local culture.
Choosing do this tour with us makes it possible for all types of travelers to have an unforgettable experience
per adult from
7 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Rozafa Castle
- Entry/Admission - Castle of Kruja
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Rozafa Castle, Rozafa, Shkoder Albania
We drive from Tirana towards Shkoder. Shkodra is the only mentioned Illyrian capital in the 3rd-2nd centuries B.C. Visiting Rozafa castle we will not only experience the supremacy the Illyrians would have feel over their enemies standing in such an imposing Castle, but will also admire breathtaking views 360 degrees over the valley, the two rivers Buna and Drin, the lake of Shkoder and the surrounding mountains.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Gjuhadol, Shkodër, Albania
We will take a walking tour in “Gjuhadol” a newly renovated pedestrian area of Italian and Austrian architectural influences, testimony to this city’s historic links with both these countries. Then we can nvisit the Marubi Museum (Optional) (master photographer of the end of 19th century) which houses an exposition of old prints. He took the first photograph in the Balkans in 1856. Marubi has left a wealth of 500 000 glass negatives. The selection of prints we will view, show people and life of the area nearly 2 centuries ago.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Lezhe, Lezhe, Lezhe County
In Lezhe we will see the mausoleum of Skanderbeg, the national hero of the Albanians. He was buried inside the church of saint Nicholas.
Stop At: Castle of Kruja, Rruga Kala, Krujë, Albania
we proceed to Kruja centre of Albanian resistance against the Ottomans under our National Hero, Scanderbeg. He kept the Ottoman armies from crossing into Western Europe for 25 years, thus earning the title “Athleta Christi” awarded by the Pope of the time. We will visit the Skanderbeg Museum and a rich Ethnographic Museum with almost all items being original from the end of the 19th century. Finally we make our way through Kruja’s famous Bazaar full of traditional handicrafts and souvenirs. Return to Tirana.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Rinas Airport, Tirana Albania
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 11/19/2019 - 10/5/2021
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 08:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 45 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.