Day Trip To Crystal Cave and Blue Hole National Park
See some of Belize's top natural attractions on this day tour from San Ignacio to Blue Hole National Park and Crystal Cave. You'll experience the underworld of the ancient Maya as you go spelunking in the crystalline caverns, learning about this ceremonial site where the Maya people practiced sacrificial and sacred rituals. After venturing into the cave chambers, you'll have the chance to cool down in the waters of the Blue Hole, an inland jungle cenote (not to be confused with the country's offshore Great Blue Hole). Lunch is included.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees, and handling charges
- National Park fees
- Lunch with a drink
- Rum punch
- Use of helmet and headlamps
- Entry/Admission - Crystal Cave
- Entry/Admission - Blue Hole National Park
What's excluded :
- water bottle and snacks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Crystal Cave, Blue Hole National Park, Belmopan 00000 Belize
Leave San Ignacio in the morning to start your day tour with the drive toward Belmopan and the scenic Hummingbird Highway, crossing the green mountains while passing by orange orchards, pineapple plantations, and rainforest-draped valleys along the way. Your destination is Blue Hole National Park, a protected and accessible area managed by the Belize Audubon Society. It's also home to Crystal Cave, known locally as Mountain Cow Cave, an otherworldly natural wonder located deep in the jungle in the heart of the park.
Stop At: Blue Hole National Park, Hummingbird Highway St.Margaret, Belmopan Belize
After a 50-minute hike through the tropical forest with your guide, you'll reach the entry point where you'll rappel 15 feet (4.5 meters) into the vast entrance of the cave. Traverse its large chambers, sliding down mud ramps and scrambling along rocks. This is a challenging descent into Xibalba, what the Maya believed was the realms of the underworld. Your guide shows you the shimmering formations in the cave, along with artifacts and skeletal remains of sacrificial victims from ancient Maya ceremonies.
This tour is physically demanding but well worth the effort to walk in the footsteps of Maya ritual leaders and see the evidence of their sacred rites with your own eyes. After your cave exploration, refuel with a hearty homemade lunch and soft drinks, and take a swim in the cool waters of the Blue Hole, a deep sinkhole filled with rain and spring water, known as a cenote.
Your tour then ends with return to San Ignacio.
Departure Point :San Ignacio, San Ignacio, Cayo
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick ups from all locations in Belize can be arranged. There may be an additional charge so please contact us if pick up is needed. . Departure Point for most tours: Downtown San IgnacioAddress: MayaWalk Tours Main Office19 Burns AvenueSan Ignacio TownCayo DistrictBelize, Central AmericaDirections: MayaWalk Tours Main Office located between Tandoor Restaurant and Belize BankReturn point: Returns to original departure point
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Difficulty: Challenging
- What to bring: Hiking sandals or sneakers, change of clothes, small backpack, 1 liter of water, bug spray, snacks, and swimwear with shorts
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.