Day trip to Essaouira from Marrakech
Walk along the beautiful fishing port and through the intricate medina
Visit the great Moulay El-Hassan Square and the Grand Mosque
Admire the city's famous woodwork at the marquetry
Marvel at the array of goods at the Museum Sidi Mohammed Ben Abdallah
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Pick-up from your hotel or riad
- Shared small group day trip(Max 17 travelers)
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- Tour guide
- Your day trip to Essaouira from Marrakech will begin with a drive along the Haouz plains to Chichaoua village where you will stop for a cup of coffee before you continue to Sidi Mokhtar. On your way, you will cross the Argan trees forest, where you might spot some goats climbing the trees.
You can visit a local ladies’ cooperative and learn how some fine cosmetic products are locally made out of the rich Argan oil. To watch how the Argan oil is extracted (also called the liquid gold, or Moroccan oil).
The ancient city of Essaouira, discovered by the Phoenicians, conquered by the Romans, and ruled by the Portuguese, is a perfect place for a day trip from the sticky heat of Marrakech. Get picked up at your hotel or riad in Marrakech, and travel comfortably to Essaouira, where you will embark on your own leisurely tour of the city.
Formerly known by its Portuguese name, Mogador, Essaouira is reminiscent of an age when Spain, Portugal and England struggled to control the coasts. Explore the rich history of this fascinating city as you weave your way through its maze-line medina and walk along the ramparts that surround the city. Visit the great Moulay El-Hassan Square, stop in at the Grand Mosque, and walk along Siaghine Alley, stopping at a terrace of the north Bastion to admire the fine woodwork that Essaouira has become known for at the marquetry.
Departure Point :
your Hotel/Riad or the closest parking to your Riad
OtherJemaa el-Fna, Jamaâ El-Fna, Marrakech 40000, Morocco
Return Detail :Jemaa el-Fna, Rue El Ksour, 38, Marrakech 40000, Morocco، Marrakech 40000, Morocco - your Hotel/Riad or the closest parking to your Riad
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 17 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.