Day trip to Kikuletwa Hotsprings
If you're in the mood for a day trip, a place off the beaten path were tourists and locals mingle, look no farther. Chemka hot springs or maji moto ( Swahili for hot water) is a little oasis located off of a dusty road about two hours from Arusha.
Enjoy the naturally warm water caused by underground geothermal springs. If you are feeling lazy you can bask in the pool or, if you‘re feeling more adventurous, you can swim or jump from the rope swing.
After you are done swimming, you can enjoy your lunch which we bring with us or you can have some local food cooked fresh for you. Our personal favorite is chips mayai, which is basically a French fry omelette. On the way back as you are approaching main road, keep your eyes open because every so often the clouds part and you can catch a glimpse of the iconic Mt. Kilimanjaro! What's not to love?
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- 1x Breakfast
- 2x Dinner
- 2x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 2 nights
- Environmental Management Charge (Reef Tax)
- Professional guide
- All activities
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
- Round-trip private transfer
- Entry/Admission - Kikuletwa Hotsprings
What's excluded :
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- International flights
Day 1: Arrival in Arusha Airport / Kilimanjaro Airport
Stop At: Arusha, Arusha, Arusha Region
Our team workers will pick you up any point you are and will give all the information by the step by steps and more insure of your safety.
Duration: 1 hour
Accommodation included: Kibo Palace Hotel
Day 2: Kikuletwa Hotsprings
Stop At: Kikuletwa Hotsprings, BomaNgombe, Moshi 3041 Tanzania
Kikuletwa Hotsprings gets its name from the water that bubbles in underground caves. Surrounded by fig trees, this area is a hidden gem in the midst of a semi arid landscape. Here you may find a diversity of colorful birds amongst an abundance of plant life and neighboring indigenous tribes. There is also an option to camp overnight and hike.
Duration: 1 hour
Accommodation included: It depends on your flight schedule
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Traveler pickup is offeredWe pick up from any hotel/house. Just send us your location and we will rightly get you there.Airports
- Arusha Airport, Arusha Tanzania
- Kilimanjaro International Airport, Kilimanjaro Airport Rd, Tanzania
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 18 years
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.