Delwara Heritage and Community Walk
This is a guided tour of a village with historic temples, stepwells and a royal palace (now a luxury hotel). The tour guides grew up in the village and still live there and will introduce travellers to its villagers and artisans who themselves can provide guided instruction on their arts, for example pottery, jewellery and stitching. The guides will also take travellers into old temples, access to which is normally restricted to worshipers. The tour provides a unique opportunity to see a real part of India which is not otherwise seen by tourists and to learn about its way of life. The tour is in fact an initiative of the NGO Seva Mandir in order to help preserve and highlight the unique heritage of Delwara and to provide job opportunities to its young guides who run the tour.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Private transportation
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Delwara, Delwara, Udaipur District, Rajasthan
A leisurely 2km 2 hour walk through the village to visit its historic temples and work with its potters and goldsmiths to make your own works of art. Child friendly educational treasure hunts can be arranged.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Devigarh Road, Delwara, Rajasthan 313202, India
Traveler pickup is offered
We can pick up travellers from anywhere in Udaipur for an additional fee (2000 rupees return for a group of 4) or travellers can make their own way to Delwara by public bus (30 rupees each way). Last public bus from Delwara is at 5pm.
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 11/5/2019 - 10/4/2021
Monday - Sunday: 09:00 AM - 06:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.