Devils Staircase nature trekking and hiking : Guided private tour
Enjoy amazing nature trekking in Davils staircase trail. Our trekking team is well experience and expertise in trekking and hiking all over the Sri Lanka, specially in Devils staircase trail and hill country.
Enjoy your time !
• Arrival time will be 7.30 A.M at the Bambarakanda trail head.
• Brief description of the route and the hike.
• Starting the hike at 7.45 A.M.
• Rest stops within every 1.5 K.M.
• Photography sessions
• Evening refreshments.
• Reaching Ohiya by 5.30 P.M
8 to 10 hours
What's included :
- Devils staircase nature trekking tour
- English speaking trekking guide
- Foods, refreshments with energy slabs
- 1000 ml water bottle per person
- First aids
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Back up vehicle for emergency transport
- Support staff fee for guide, helper(s), driver and qualified first aid officer
- All taxes
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses and tips
- Anything NOT mentioned under Inclusions
- Generally hikers choose the Bambarakanda Rest near Bambarakanda Ella Falls as the starting point to the journey if they wish to start the journey from this end. This trail goes over old dilapidated estate roads through many estates. This trail ends on the Ohiya – Horton Plains road around the halfway distance from Ohiya Railway Station to the Horton Plains Entrance. There are no markers along the route, therefore it’s advised to use a guide if attempting the journey for the first time. The route has number of folks and they could easily divert you from the original path. The trail is 15 km long from Bambarakanda and would take approximately 7 hours to complete the hike. The two most popular points on the route is the “V cut”, a channel cut through the hill to allow the road to pass through. You will come across this after entering the Udaveriya estate. Passing this, the road will go across a stream which creates the highest fall in the country, the Bambarakanda Falls.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick up you from your hotel in Ella, Haputale and Bandarawela.You will be pick up at 06:00 am
Departure Time :5:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Please follow health and government safety guidelines regarding COVID 19
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.