Discover Farming in Goondiwindi
Education and showcasing the advancements of the cotton industry are central to this tour. Guests will enjoy an authentic farm based experience, led by friendly and knowledgeable locals, designed to connect visitors with the process of making cotton garments. Today, we guide thousands of visitors each year, through the sustainable practices and the day to day workings of our farm 'Alcheringa'. The 2,500 acre property purchased by Keith Coulton in 1973, was formerly a working sheep station. Today, it produces irrigated cotton and rotational crops year round. Native Australian birds and wildlife such as water birds, pelicans, black swans, kangaroos, pigeons and possums can often be seen, acting in their natural habitat. Central to the property is a 1km lateral watering system. Visitors are also intrigued by the supply of water, gravity fed through channels around the farm.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Coffee and/or Tea - Morning tea included with a serve of damper and maple syrup
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Gunsynd The Goondiwindi Grey, Apex Park MacIntyre street, Goondiwindi, Queensland 4390 Australia
The day starts with a brief guided tour of the town and it's history. Along the way, we take in the heritage listed Gunsynd Memorial; Customs House Museum & Border Heritage Precinct as you head to our local farm 'Alchering', 10km south of Goondiwindi.
Stop At: Goondiwindi Regional, Goondiwindi, QLD, Australia
'Alcheringa' is a 2,500 acre working cotton farm. Upon arrival, guests will enjoy a guided tour of the farm and showcase of the latest technology and advancements surrounding the cotton industry. Guests will enjoy wide open plains, native wildlife and fresh air as they discover the history of cotton production in Australia and kids learn ‘how to grow a cotton t-shirt’
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Goondiwindi Natural Heritage & Water Park, Johnson Rd, Goondiwindi, Queensland Australia
The tour breaks for a quick stop over at the Natural Heritage Water Park before heading to the Namoi Cotton Gin for a drive by. The purpose built 3km water channel provides great opportunities for water sports of all kinds including waterskiing, wakeboarding, canoeing and boating. It is also the perfect place to view the vast bird life.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Goondiwindi Cotton, 27 Herbert St, Goondiwindi QLD 4390, Australia
The tour concludes at Goondiwindi Cotton's showroom. Enjoy our very own bush morning tea with homemade damper and maple syrup on the menu. As the tour wraps up, guests are also invited to shop Goondiwindi Cotton's latest new season collections.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your tour guide will call the day before to confirm pick up times and location.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.