Discover History and Art of Petrozavodsk on Private Tour
During the city tour you will get acquainted with the history of Petrozavodsk from the foundation by Peter the Great to the 21st century and visit the museum "House of the doll".
Petrozavodsk was founded in 1703 as Petrovskaya Sloboda by Peter the Great, who needed a new iron foundry for the Baltic Fleet at the time of the Great Northern War. By 1717, Petrovskaya Sloboda had grown into the largest settlement in Karelia. The Republic is located in the north-western part of the Russian Federation, between the basins of White and Baltic seas. There are 60000 lakes in Karelia (the largest and the most famous are Ladoga lake and Lake Onega). Karelian language is quite close to Finnish (as it was the part of nowadays Finland earlier).
You will see the monument to Peter the Great, Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, newly built modern embankment, etc. After the tour, you will be transferred to the museum "House of the doll" and have a tour around it.
• Guaranteed skip-the-line entrance
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pick up and drop-off
- Driver’s services as per the program (Comfortable car/minivan with A/C)
- Professional English-speaking guide assistance. Other languages upon request
- Entrance fee to the museum "House of Doll"
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Guaranteed skip-the-line entrance
- Entry/Admission - Tatyana Kalinina's Doll House
What's excluded :
- Meals / Drinks
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities to guide/driver (optional)
- Entry/Admission - Alexander Nevskiy Cathedral
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Monument to Peter the Great, Petrozavodsk Russia
In Olonets gubernia, they certainly wanted to erect a monument to Peter the Great, since few of the regions of Russia were favored by the attention of the great tsar. In 1871, the governor of Petrozavodsk, Grigory Grigorievich Grigoriev, went to St. Petersburg with a petition for the establishment of a statue in memory of Peter the Great in the city. The grand opening of the monument took place on June 29, 1873. The bronze figure of Peter was cast in St. Petersburg on the model of sculptor I.N. Schröder, and a pedestal of Serdobol granite was designed by IA Monigetti; Carin Barinov realized the idea.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Alexander Nevskiy Cathedral, Aleksandra Nevskogo Ave., 32, Petrozavodsk 185003 Russia
Alexander Nevsky Cathedral in Petrozavodsk - the main cathedral of the Karelian eparchy - built in the first half of the 19th century in memory of the Patriotic War of 1812 . Alexander Nevsky - patron of the lands of Novgorod, included Karelian territories, was honored in these places for a long time. . The construction of the cathedral with the blessing of the Metropolitan of Novgorod, His Eminence Seraphim, was agreed with Alexander I himself (the tsar personally donated for the construction of the church 30 thousand .rubles) and was made possible by the initiative of the townspeople (the main expenses were covered by donations of merchants and workers' factories).
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Embankment of Lake Onega, Onega Embankment, Petrozavodsk Russia
Embankment of the Onega lake – one of the favourite walking places among citizens and guests of the city. Overall length of the embankment is about 2.5 km. It is an open-air museum exhibiting original sculptures, most of them were presented to Petrozavodsk by its sister-cities. Embankment is also a place were the majoruty of city events and festivals are held, including the start and finish of Onego regatta organized in Karelia every summer.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Tatyana Kalinina's Doll House, Emb. La-Roshel, 13, Petrozavodsk 185030 Russia
The highlight of the tour will be a visit to the museum "House of hte Doll".
"House of the doll" differs from other galleries in that there is a special home atmosphere here. The atmosphere of kindness, love and happiness. "This is a family home of joy, a pharmacy for the soul" - said the author. This small museum consists of 3 exhibition halls and workshops. "House of the Doll" collects artists close to the spirit, and not only puppeteers. For several years of the gallery's existence, several dozens of exhibitions of painting, graphics, sculpture, photography, tapestry, and batik were held in its walls.But all visitors who come to this house for the first time, first get into the hall of "live dolls" Tatiana Kalinina. Created by the imagination and hands of the artist, Tatyana's dolls, and really alive, warm - with their own character, with a changeable mood. The world of dolls - human likenesses - is complex, with its uneasy laws, in which the fairy tale, reality and mysticism are closely intertwined.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
You will be picked up from any hotel of Petrozavodsk.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Start time and meeting point in Petrozavodsk will be specified after booking.
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.