Discover Old Montenegro
In this tour, you will see cultural highlights of Montenegro, King Nichola palace at Cetinje (old royal capital) and Njegusi Mausoleum and you will taste traditional smoked ham, prosciutto and cheese with local vine and rakija. On the way back to Kotor, you will also have a chance to see an interesting workshop of woven art as a part of traces of Ottomans in Balkans and Montenegro. This is a great tour to experience old world Mediterranean Montenegro and as well enjoy protected history of the UNESCO heritage town of Kotor where you will have a city tour with some museums.
per adult from
7 hours 15 minutes
What's included :
- Snacks - Family owned smokehouse in Njegusi
- Alcoholic Beverages - Local beverages in Njegusi
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Cetinje Monastery
- Entry/Admission - Njegusi Centar
- Entry/Admission - Kotor Old City
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cetinje Monastery, Cetinje, Montenegro
After meeting with your professional and licensed tour guide at the port of Kotor, you will head toward to old royal capital of Montenegro, Cetinje which was once the capital of Montenegro, known for both its religious and political powers. You will visit the museum House of King Nikola, a place where the state of Montenegro was established. The Palace is preserved in almost perfect condition, houses an impressive collection of silver and gold orders, weaponry, carpets and art collections and a lot of other things which would be hard to find even in some European museums.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Njegusi Centar, Auto centar, E65, Njeguši, Montenegro
You will head toward to the Village of Njegusi where is famous for its smoked ham or prosciutto, flat bread and cheese so we will visit family owned smoke house where you will have a sample of our local specialties, including local wine and rakija.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Monterug Oriental Woven Art, Radanovici b.b, Kotor, Kotor Municipality 85330 Montenegro
Continuing into the Grbalj plain on the road back to Kotor, you will visit a workshop about kilims and carpets. You will experience a great presentation about all process of weaving a carpet with an artisan weaver including dying yarns and achieving silk threads from cocoon. Then, you will see some completed pieces of these work of art and, taste some local Montenegrin beverages from house.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Kotor Old City, Stari grad, Kotor, Kotor Municipality 85330 Montenegro
After the workshop, you turn back to Kotor where you enjoy walking through the maze of Kotor’s medieval quarter, its bustling market and among beautiful Renaissance buildings. The well-preserved fortified walls of Kotor protect it from the sea and at nearly 3 miles long it is considered one of the world’s historic values.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Port of Kotor, E65, Kotor, Montenegro
Traveler pickup is offered
We can arrange pick up from hotels.Ports
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Not recommended for travellers who afraid from heights
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.