Discover Sherry in Jerez
Guided tour to a winery and relaxed Sherry and Brandy tasting straight from the barrel. Introduction to the ancient relationship of the Jerezanos to the wine while walking through the historic center to the bodega (about 15 minutes), visiting places that tell us something about that history. At the winery, we learn first hand everything about the production of Sherry and Brandy. Of course, we also take time to taste these fine wines and spirits, most of them directly in the wine cellar. This tour is designed only for small groups – I prefer a familiar atmosphere.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Guided tour and commented wine tasting
- Entrance to the winery
- 5 different Sherry wines and 1 Brandy
- 1 small tapa (e.g. olives)
- Guide certified in wine tourism (Sherry Council)
What's excluded :
- Become an authentic Sherry expert! Let me take you into the fascinating world of the unique Sherry wines and Brandies, in a small winery in the center of Jerez!
You discover with me one of my favorite bodegas that produces Sherry and Brandy. We'll meet in the center of Jerez and during the short walk to the winery (about 15 minutes) I will tell you the most important things about the close and ancient relationship of the city and its inhabitants to the wine, a key part of the cultural identity of Jerez. Then, during the tour in the bodega, a family run business with a long tradition, we enjoy and comment on 5 selected Sherry wines, from the pale straw yellow and absolutely dry Fino to the dark and very sweet Pedro Ximénez, as well as one of the finest Brandies in Spain. All this totally relaxed there between the venerable casks.
You will find out everything about the making of these wonderful and varied wines and brandies, directly on-site, a magical world you can touch and in a familiar atmosphere. Sherry is not only a drink but an experience, so immerse yourself in a world of traditions and emotions, of aromas and tastes: an unforgettable experience for the senses!
• Antiguo ayuntamiento (Cabildo antiguo), Plaza de la Asunción, 11403 Jerez de la Frontera, Cádiz, Spain
Departure Point :Plaza de la Asunción, 11403 Jerez de la Frontera, Cádiz, Spain
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.