Discover the Dutch countryside & windmills with a private guide
Explore the Dutch country side with this private day trip to Zaanse Schans Windmills, Volendam and Marken. Get picked up at your hotel by your private guide that will drive you around in a comfortable vehicle.
After 30 minutes you will arrive at Zaanse Schans where you explore the Dutch countryside and windmills. Your private guide will tell you about the area and you have entrance to various windmills. See the inside of a Dutch windmill and explore the many traditional wooden houses, barns and shops. Your private guide will also bring you to a Dutch cheese farm to taste cheeses and a traditional Dutch waffle factory.
From Zaanse Schans your private guide will drive you to Volendam and Marken. These traditional fishing villages are known for its green timbered houses and harbor. Your private guide will tell you about the interesting history of these villages and show you around. From here your guide will drive you back to the hotel.
per adult from
What's included :
- You can pick a departure time between 9:00am - 1:00pm.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Zaanse Schans
- Entry/Admission - Alida Hoeve Cheese Farm & Wooden shoe factory
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Zaanse Schans, Schansend 1, 1509 AW Zaandam The Netherlands
The first stop of the tour is Zaanse Schans. Here you will explore the Dutch countryside and windmills. At Zaanse Schans there are over 600 active windmills. You also get the option to visit a cheese farm and clog maker.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Volendam, Volendam, North Holland Province
From Zaanse Schans your private guide will bring you to Volendam. Volendam is popular due to its traditional green timbered houses, which appear to be taken out of a Dutch postcard. Here your private guide will offer a short tour all around this fishing village, where you can discover the Doolhof and Oude Kom quarters that stand out as the most authentic depiction of a traditional Dutch fishing village. And, of course, here you can shop for souvenirs, like the famous wooden clogs, wooden tulips, postcards, and many other Dutch-inspired items.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Alida Hoeve Cheese Farm & Wooden shoe factory, Zeddeweg 1, 1131 CW Volendam The Netherlands
Here we visit a traditional Dutch Cheese Farm & Wooden shoe factory. You also get the option to taste many traditional Dutch cheeses.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Marken, Marken, North Holland Province
The last stop of the tour is another Dutch village called Marken. Marken is another typical Dutch fishing village. Here your private guide will show you around and you also get the option to get some free time for yourself. After Marken your private guide will bring you back to the hotel.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We can pick you up at any hotel in the Netherlands.Airports
- Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, Evert van de Beekstraat 202, 1118 CP Schiphol The Netherlands
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.