Discovering the oldest winemakers in 5 Terre. A sensory experience!
The idea of the founder of the Cantina Sassarini, Mr. Natale, was decidedly oriented towards the future.
In the family everyone made wine for their own consumption and Christmas must have perceived the potential of a wine market that could develop over the years. He then built his cellar and gathered around him numerous farmers who cultivated their vineyards incessantly with pride and skill. Few others followed this path, but in the last twenty years a group of "mad angels" (cit: Veronelli) recovered the lands of their grandparents and fathers, building dry stone walls and planting the vineyard again. The horizon of Natale Sassarini now seems to merge in the horizon of all the Cinque Terre winemakers and their son Giancarlo who proudly carries on the work begun half a century ago. The fiftieth anniversary of the Sassarini winery can be the first stone to consolidate an oenological tradition of the Cinque Terre that has been lacking until today.
per adult from
What's included :
- Greetings at the winery by the wine hospitality manager
- Winery tour
- Explanation of the history of the winery
- Wine tasting according to the option chosen
What's excluded :
- The idea of the founder of the Cantina Sassarini, Mr. Natale, was decidedly oriented towards the future.
He perceived the quality and economic interest in the production of a local wine, even before the DESIGNATION OF ORIGIN (DOC labelling for wines), was sanctioned with the 1973 specification.
The tastings, which serve to better perceive this territory, are generally guided by the founder's granddaughter, Laura.
With this wine tour and tasting you may decide the type of tasting according to the number of glasses you want to discover:
4 wines : 29 € per person
5 wines: 37 € per person
7 wines: 53 € per person
Each of these tour includes also a plate with cold cuts and - most important - a glass of sciacchetra. This is the typical sweet wine from Le Cinque Terre. The cultivation of this vineyards is so hard that the Sciacchetrà makers are called heroic viticulturists!
• Local delicacies
Departure Point :Cantina Sassarini, Loc. Pian del Corso 1, 19016 Monterosso al Mare SP, Italy
Departure Time :4 wines tasting 6/1/2020 - 4/1/2021
5 wines 6/1/2020 - 4/1/2021
Monday - Saturday: 10:00 AM - 06:00 PM
7 wines tasing 6/1/2020 - 5/31/2021
Monday - Saturday: 10:00 AM - 06:00 PM Monday - Saturday: 10:00 AM - 06:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.