Dive the Scottish Prince Shipwreck
On 3/2/1887, the Scottish Prince was proceeding northward along the
east coast on the final stages of a voyage from Glasgow
to Brisbane. At 11:40pm the master left the deck, leaving the
second mate in charge—who had never sailed these waters
before. Shortly after midnight the vessel ran aground.
Several unsuccessful attempts were made by steamers to tow the ship off the bar. Within a few days, south-easterly weather conditions
deteriorated. The ship keeled over and was abandoned.
Over time the decks opened up allowing cases of cargo including sewing machines, drapery, whiskey, beer and mineral waters to be washed ashore.
The bow of the iron hull is pointing towards the shore and is broken into three main sections. The bow and stern are both reasonably intact; however the side plates and decks have collapsed.
It is now a habitat which provides food and shelter for a variety of marine life including sponges, corals, pelagic and reef fish, rays, octopus and wobbegong sharks.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
What's excluded :
- Use of SCUBA equipment
- Gear hire is an additional cost of $25
Once at the Dive Centre, you will prepare your gear and get ready for the dive. Gear hire is an additional cost of $25, please let us know at this time, so that we can provide you with what you require.
Then we will head out to the boat and dive site.
After a briefing, you will dive in and explore the wreck as you desire!
After your dive, we will head back to the shop. Facilities are available to wash your gear.
Departure Point :Gold Coast Dive Centre & Marine Training College, 2/54-56 Paradise Ave, Miami QLD 4220, Australia
Traveler pickup is offered
Please be waiting at the front of your hotel at the arranged pick up time
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.