Dome Climbing Tour with Aperitivo (Happy Hour) in the oldest café in Florence
• Enjoy a spectacular view of the city
• Climb to the top of the Cupola, the highest point in Florence
• See an admirable creation of art by Filippo Brunelleschi
See the entire city from a single point by climbing to the top of Florence's Dome. Join a guided tour with local expert guides to discover the structure's full history and to make it unforgettable enjoy an Aperitivo ( Happy Hour) in the Italian way, after the tour at your convenience from the oldest café in Florence.
per adult from
What's included :
- Aperitivo (Happy Hour) includes: 1 spritz or 1 prosecco or 1 soft drink with finger food.
- Official certified guide
- Radio system to hear the guide
- Entrance Ticket with reservation (you can climb the Dome only with RESERVATION)
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks not mentioned above
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Headphones will not be provided due to COVID-19 (We recommend to bring your own headphones)
- Entrance ticket to visit Crypt, Baptistery, Bell Tower, Cathedral & Museum of Florence Duomo
Your guide will talk you through all about how the Cupola was designed and built by Filippo Brunelleschi who won the competition for its commission in 1418. The way up (& down) are basically tight corridors as the workmen who built the cathedral for maintenance, they were never thought of as being open to the public.
On the interior of the dome, you can admire the Giorgio Vasari's frescoes of the Last Judgment (1572-9) up close with an interesting explanation of the frescoes from your guide on your way up to the top.
Look down and on the base, just above the drum, you'll see that Baccio D'Angelo began adding a balcony in 1507 and how one of the eight sides were unfinished, there's a story behind it, your guide will reveal it to you on your way as to why the work was immediately halted, and to this day the other seven sides remain rough brick!
Once you climb to the top of the Cupola, you will be enchanted from the panoramic view of the Florence city in front of your eyes. Your guide will talk about the history and art of this Duomo Square and answer to any of your questions regarding Duomo.
The tour takes about an hour, the perfect amount to listen and climb to the top of Cupola
• Cupola del Brunelleschi, Piazza del Duomo Cattedrale di Santa Maria del Fiore, 50122, Florence Italy
Departure Point :Lindt Chocolate Shop Firenze Duomo, Piazza del Duomo, 15R, 50129 Firenze FI, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- No elevators
- Pets are not allowed
- Please note that the tour requires a minimum number of guests to run
- Please note that if you arrive after the tour start time you will not be able to join and will not be refunded or have your tour rescheduled
- The Voucher can be used at your convenience during the hours where the Aperitivo is offered.
- The Aperitivo voucher with details can be collected at the tour meeting point or in Tour Operator's Office.
- There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Bring your own headphones
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Organised by Star Florence