Dominican Cigar Factory Tour - Complete with Lunch and Drinks
Your private cigar factory tour includes breakfast or lunch, a choice of tropical beverage, coffee or tea and a mamajuana shot. You will experience an educational cigar factory tour which includes an overview of the history of the Dominican cigar industry, the process of growing cigar tobacco (from seed to harvest), how a cigar is made, the proper way to light and smoke a cigar and what to look for in determining the quality of a cigar. You will also be given some valuable information on coffee and mamajuana during your tour. The tour includes a complimentary cigar or cigarillo after your meal.
per adult from
1 to 3 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- All activities
- Tour escort/host
- We can pick you up and return you from anywhere on the North Coast at a modest extra cost.
- Our courteous and reliable transportation service is almost half the cost of local taxis
- To arrange transportation call 809-586-5257 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks ( except mamajuana available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off optional (see inclusions)
- Transportation to/from attractions optional (see inclusions)
- The Vivonte Cigar Factory Tour is an educational tour that takes you through the entire process of making cigars from seed to cigar. Upon arrival you may order either breakfast or lunch. Our breakfast menu features either an American breakfast (three eggs any style, bacon or sausage, tropical fruit medley, and toast) or our deluxe three egg omelette (stuffed with cheese, avocado, red bell pepper, and onion) served with fruit medley and toast. Our lunch menu features your choice of chicken quesadilla, chicken fajita, club wrap, our deluxe Vivonte bacon cheeseburger, chicken wings or our famour mahi-mahi wrap. Your meal includes tea or coffee, along with a local fruit smoothie, soda or water. After you order your meal, we will begin a 30 minute private factory tour as outlined below. Once the tour is completed, you will return to the Vivonte lounge and enjoy your meal.
Our educational tour includes an overview of the following:
• The tour begins with some valuable and not well known information on coffee. How to keep coffee fresh and some points and tips on making great coffee. We also demonstrate the Dominican collador (the traditional Dominican coffee maker).
• A brief history of the Dominican cigar industry and how it has developed since the Cuban revolution.
• An overview of the process of planting seeds, growing great cigar tobacco, harvesting, drying/curing and preparing the tobacco to be made into cigars (including an explanation of the fermentation process).
• The difference between the different types of tobacco leaves used to make cigars and the differences between cigarette and cigar tobacco.
• We explain the aging process of tobacco and cigars and the effect these processes have on the final product.
• We demonstrate how a cigar is made, the three ingredient components of a cigar, and what to look for in the construction of a cigar.
• Clients are shown how to evaluate the quality of a cigar by appearance and how the flavor of a cigar is developed.
• We demonstrate how to properly light and smoke a cigar.
• Clients are invited into our aging room and we explain the effect of the environment, temperature and humidity as part of the process of creating a fine cigar.
• An explanation of mamajuana is the final step on the tour.
Adults will be invited to enjoy a complimentary cigar or cigarillo after your meal.
Departure Point :Calle José del Carmen Ariza 5, Puerto Plata 57000, Dominican Republic
Traveler pickup is offered
We pickup from all locations in Puerto Plata Province, including Sosua and Cabarete. Our transportation rates are usually half the cost of rates offered by local taxis who also want to divert you to receive commission from other vendors. Airports
- La Union Airport, Puerto Plata Dominican Republic
- Amber Cove
- Amber Cove
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Transportation is available on request
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.