Dominican Route Day Trip Including San Pedro and San Juan Bautista
Explore the heart of the Mixteca through the wonderful colonial architecture and by visiting the temples and former Dominican convents. You will visit Santo Domingo Yanhuitlan, San Pedro and San Pablo Teposcolula and San Juan Bautista Coixtlahuaca, located at 2,000 meters above sea level. Your tour includes entrance fees, a professional guide and transport.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Local taxes
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Ex-Convento de San Pedro y San Pablo Teposcolula
- Entry/Admission - Conjunto Conventual Dominico de San Juan Bautista Coixtlahuaca
- Entry/Admission - Ex-Convento de Santo Domingo de Yanhuitlan
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ex-Convento de San Pedro y San Pablo Teposcolula, Av. Independencia S/N., Teposcolula 69500 Mexico
San Pedro and San Pablo Teposcolula. These is a set that consists of the open chapel, the church and the convent house or cloister. The open chapel, also called Indian Chapel, is the greatest pride of Teposcolula. It was occupied during the early centuries for the evangelization of the Mixtecs.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Conjunto Conventual Dominico de San Juan Bautista Coixtlahuaca, San Juan Bautista Coixtlahuaca 69300 Mexico
Finally, you will visit San Juan Bautista Coixtlahuaca, located in the East Upper Mixteca at 2,000 meters above sea level. The church on the outside shows smooth walls that let you see the perfectly cut and united ashlar stone. Its decor is around the openings in both the north and the main door. Admire each of these places and learn all about the history in Oaxacan culture from your knowledgeable guide.
You'll be dropped-off back at your hotel after the tour.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Ex-Convento de Santo Domingo de Yanhuitlan, Calle Miguel Hidalgo s/n 18 kilometers west of Nochixtlán, Oaxaca, and 37 kilometers south of Tamazulapan, Oaxaca. To get there from Oaxaca City, take highway 190., Yanhuitlan 69660 Mexico
After hotel pickup, you'll head on a day trip to explore the heart of the Mixteca and see the wonderful colonial architecture, through the temples and former Dominican convents. The first stop is at Santo Domingo Yanhuitlan, where you'll see the majestic temple Dominico from the XVI century. It is considered a national heritage site and has a height of 25 meters, a width of 15 and a length of 75 meters. The entire interior is Baroque and you can see the sobriety of this style in every space.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
If the hotel, hostel or apartment is not on the list, please indicate the name in the comments or by message through the platform, to confirm the pick up or to confirm a meeting point.Airports
- Xoxocotlan Airport, Oaxaca Mexico
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
English - Guide
Organised by Enjoy Oaxaca