Downton Abbey and Highclere Castle Tour from London
Explore Highclere Castle, the Cotswolds village of Bampton and other sites made famous by the hit British TV series 'Downton Abbey' on this full-day tour from London. With an expert guide, travel to Oxfordshire where much of the show was filmed. Visit Cogges Manor Farm and Bampton, the setting of Downton village. Get up close to the Grantham Arms pub and the church where Lady Mary and Matthew Crawley were wed. Then, tour the state rooms and gardens at Highclere Castle, the grand country estate otherwise known as the Grantham family home.
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Professional guide
- Entry to Highclere Castle
- Entry to Cogges Manor Farm
- Guided tour of Bampton
- Entry/Admission - Bampton Library
- Entry/Admission - Cogges
- Entry/Admission - Highclere Castle
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Bampton Library Old Grammar School Church View, Bampton OX18 2NE England
Next, head to the Cotswold village of Bampton, a quintessentially English village that featured as Downton village. On a walking tour, see the church where Lady Mary married Matthew Crawley, and the house that was once used as the Crawley family home. Then, stroll along the main street, passing sights such as the fictional Grantham Arms pub.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Cogges Manor Farm, Church Lane, Witney OX28 3LA England
Then, hop inside your comfortable, air-conditioned coach and relax on the journey to Oxfordshire. As you travel, listen to your guide share entertaining tales and trivia about the British period drama TV series, Downton Abbey.
Filmed mostly in and around Oxfordshire, the hit show follows the lives, dramas and scandals of the fictional Crawley family and their servants in the days before, during and after World War I. Hear insider gossip about characters such as Lady Edith and Dowager Countess of Grantham, and uncover little-known facts about the filming locations visited on your tour.
Your first stop is at Cogges Manor Farm. Sip on a hot drink (own expense) in its rustic cafe before discovering a few of the farm’s shooting locations.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Highclere Castle Highclere Park, Newbury RG20 9RN England
Continue on to Highclere Castle, one of the most famous Downton filming locations. With your guide leading the way, explore the grand estate that surrounds the castle including Monk’s Garden, White Border, Secret Garden and the Wood of Goodwill, and learn about Highclere Castle’s role as the Grantham family home.
After free time for lunch or a snack in the on-site tea rooms (own expense), make your way into the castle to explore its lavish state rooms with your guide. Follow in the footsteps of the likes of Lady Sybil and Tom Branson as you wander through the dining, smoking and music rooms, and learn all about the Carnarvons, the real-life family who have owned Highclere Castle since the late 17th century.
See other impressive filming sites, such as the Red Stairs, saloon, gallery and bedrooms, then return to your coach and relax on the journey back to London.
Your day trip then concludes with a drop-off at London Victoria Station, which as excellent transport links to all parts of London and beyond.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Hard Rock Cafe, Great Cumberland Pl, Marble Arch, Marylebone, London W1H 7DL, UK
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :London Victoria Rail Station, Victoria, London SW1W 0AH, UK
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note: Once the booking is submitted all sales are final, non-changeable, non-transferable and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- 50% of all available seats will be left empty to ensure customer space and distancing.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.