Dreamtime Dive & Snorkel
Dreamtime Dive & Snorkel is a unique educational Great Barrier Reef experience incorporating the world's oldest living culture and the stories Traditional Owners have passed down over tens of thousands of years.
Indigenous rangers recount the Dreamtime stories of the Gimuy Walubara Yidinji, Gunggandji, Mandingalbay and Yirriganydji people to help you gain a deeper cultural understanding of this diverse ecosystem. The sea country of these four Traditional Owner groups stretches from Port Douglas to the Frankland Islands and includes the two sites you visit.
Your day on the Great Barrier Reef has 5 hours of water activities split between two unique sites showcasing a large variety of colourful corals & marine life. Snorkel and dive over stunning coral gardens where anemones, sea whips, clams, and plate corals are home to clown fish, angel fish and bat fish. Large schools of giant trevally, red bass and sweetlip congregate between the bommies, while turtles, cuttlefish, rays and sharks are frequently seen.
- Indigenous welcome and acknowledgment
- Great Barrier Reef creation story
- Two premium outer reef locations
- Morning & Afternoon Tea
- Freshly prepared buffet lunch
- Marine Biologist presentation
- Glass Bottom Boat Tour
- All snorkel equipment
- Wet and lycra suits
- Day 1 : Itinerary7:15am- Check-in, Reef Fleet Terminal, Reef Magic Cruises counter inside the Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal. 8:00am - Departs Cairns Jetty, 9:30am - Arrive at first Outer Reef location. Explore, Snorkel, Dive, Glass Bottom Boat tour, Scenic Heli Flights (only at first Outer Reef location). Experience up to 5 hours at two pristine Outer Reef locations. 3:00pm - Depart Outer Reef 4:30pm - Arrive at Cairns JettyMeals :LunchDay 2 :Meals :None
Dreamtime Dive & Snorkel departs daily from the Marlin Jetty at 8:00am. Check-in opens at 7:30am at the Reef Magic Cruises check-in counter located inside the Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal.
Return Coach transfers are available from all Cairns City Hotels & Cairns Northern Beaches Hotels (additional cost):
Cairns City Hotel Pick-up (Pick-up time notified at time of booking):
Adult (15 yrs +): $18.00 per person
Child (4-14 yrs): $9.00 per person
Family (2Ad, 2Ch): $45.00 per family
Cairns Northern Beaches Hotel Pick-up (Pick-up time notified at time of booking):
Adult (15 yrs +): $22.00 per person
Child (4-14 yrs): $11.00 per person
Family (2Ad, 2Ch): $55.00 per family
Return Coach transfers are also payable direct at the check-in counter on the morning of travel