Dunk Island Round-Trip Water Taxi Transfer from Mission Beach
Book a round-trip transfer by water taxi to visit Dunk Island from Mission Beach. When you arrive on Dunk Island, located between Townsville and Cairns, you are free to enjoy it however you wish at your leisure; perhaps explore the rainforest walking tracks, go snorkeling or fishing, or just find your own slice of paradise and relax. The water taxi ride is just 10 minutes each way by fully enclosed 33-foot (10-meter) vessel, which whisks you across the azure waters of the Coral Sea. When booking, select from three options to suit your preferences for departure time and amount of time on the island.
per adult from
What's included :
- National Park fees
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- The Mission Beach Dunk Island Water Taxi departs from the beachfront, where you’ll walk through knee-high water to board the Island Spirit. After a 10-minute boat ride, arrive at the Dunk Island jetty.
On the island, you have the morning, afternoon, or full day to explore and relax at your leisure, depending on option selected when booking. Dunk Island is home to walking tracks, natural scenery, snorkeling facilities, and the Sunset Bar, which is open Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, long weekends, and all school holidays from 10am onward, providing a place to have a bite to eat and a cold drink with the sand between your toes (food, drinks, and any activities are at your own expense).
Choose from three different walks, if you wish: a short walk to snorkel at Muggy Muggy Beach, a 2-hour round-trip journey to the top of Mt Kootaloo with views down to the family group of islands and back to Mission Beach, or continue on the Island Circuit Track for about 5.5 miles (9 km) to check out the Valley of the Palms and Coconut Beach.
When your time on the island is up, board the ferry for the quick trip back to the mainland, where the crew will hose the sand off your feet before saying goodbye.
Departure Point :71 Banfield Parade, Wongaling Beach QLD 4852, Australia
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note: to access the water taxi, you must walk through knee-high water in order to board
- You'll enter the water taxi via two steps up onto the rear walkway with large hand rails
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.