Dunn's River Falls and Ocho Rios Shopping Tour from Runaway Bay
Enjoy this Ocho Rios day-trip that includes pick up at your resort lobby for a breathtaking day trip to Dunn's River Falls, Ocho Rios shopping and lunch at Scotchies Outdoor Garden Restaurant.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional driver and guide
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entry/Admission - Dunn's River Falls and Park
What's excluded :
- Lunch (available to purchase)
- DVD (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Runaway Bay, Jamaica
This tour takes you through one of the most popular towns on the Island. Runaway Bay is naturally beautiful and is certainly one of the most scenic areas in Jamaica. It sits between the beautiful, crisp coastline to one side and the lush green mountains to the other. There is much debate as to how the town of Runaway Bay got its name. some people believe it got the name because that is where the last batch of Spanish soldiers ran away from when they were retreating from the attacking British Troops lead by Governor Ysassi right after the 1655 British invasion of Jamaica, while other argue that it was the point from which the Slaves from inland plantations used as an escape route to runaway to Cuba. Get your cameras ready to go as you make your way through this area.
Stop At: Dunn's River Falls and Park, Ocho Rios Jamaica
Your tour guide will take you directly to the extremely beautiful, world famous Dunns River Falls & Park. By now, you should be wearing your swimsuits so all you have to do is to get checked-in, meet with your resident guide, go through the briefing, sign the waiver form and get on with the fun at hand. There are professional photographers stationed at Dunns River that will accompany you on the trip – you can purchase your pictures at the end if you like but, feel free to take your waterproof cameras with you and your Falls Guide will assist you by taking pictures. Your walk to the starting point will be about 2 minutes down to the beach where you will start the 600ft. (183metre) climb. Your total time at Dunns River Falls will be approx. 1 hour 45 minutes. If you are unable to complete the climb it’s no problem - there are exit points along the way for you to abort. Feel free to ask your tour guide just to point out the areas of the falls that featured in the James Bond movie (Doctor No). Kindly head directly to the bus as soon as the climb is complete.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Ocho Rios, Ocho Rios, Saint Ann Parish, Jamaica
The heartbeat of the garden parish of St. Ann, the resort area of Ocho Rios is the nature lover’s paradise. As previously thought to be watered by eight rivers (as its name suggests) Ocho Rios provides a lush landscape of caves, gardens, rivers and white sand beaches. The name Ocho Rios actually derives from “Las Choreras” meaning “waterfalls” and may be a reflection of the many waterfalls in the area. From the Fern Gully located in the remains of an old river bed to the tiered waterfalls of Dunn’s River, Blue Hole and the Secret Falls, arguably, Jamaica’s most popular attractions, Ocho Rios draws thousands of visitors back to arguably the island’s most romantic, picturesque resort area.
Ocho Rios is a small “Colonial Styled Town” with a population of approximately 25 thousand. “The Centerpiece of Jamaica”, Ocho Rios provides a range of activities from golf to watersports to equestrian and soft adventure activities. The area is approximately equidistant between the island’s two cities – Kingston and Montego Bay, providing excellent access from both international airports. The birthplace of Bob Marley and Marcus Garvey, Ocho Rios offers a variety of cultural experiences – Marley’s mausoleum at Nine Miles, Reggae Xplosion and Seville Heritage Park all help to chronicle Jamaica’s experience in story and song.
There will be a short stop in the town center (Approx. 1 hour) for shopping.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Ocho Rios Craft Market, Main St, Middlesex, Jamaica
Shopping in Ocho Rios on this day trip will be at the Ocho Rios Craft Market or Similar. A wide variety of items are available in this one area. Items includes rums, coffee, T-shirts, hats, jewelry, wood carving products, arts, etc. Try to take small bills with you when you go on tours because not every place will accept credit cards plus the vendors might not have change in USD and you will end up having to accept a lot of Jamaican dollars as change.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Scotchies Drax Hall, St Ann's Bay, Jamaica
Scotchies Outdoor Garden Restaurant is undoubtedly the best jerk chicken and pork spots you can find anywhere. We recommend that you cap off your day’s activities with a stop for the ultimate jerk experience at Scotchies. The food is prepared with the whole family in mind so even the children can take advantage of this amazing experience of tender juicy pork and succulent chicken with festival. Steamed vegetable is also available for non-meat eaters. Don’t forget to challenge the homemade Scotchies specialty hot sauce made from local sun ripened Scotch Bonnet Pepper.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from most Runaway Bay Hotels. Customers are required to contact us at the information provided at least 24 hours prior to the day of the tour to reconfirm your hotel or central pick up point.
Departure Time :10:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant meals not included
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Dress code is casual
- Dunns River Falls is not recommended for pregnant women but feel free to take a walk in the park.
- Dunns River Falls is not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Dunns River Falls is not recommended for participants with back problems, it is up to your discretion.
- It is recommended that you bring cash, a camera, towels, water shoes and a swimsuit
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- We are COVID-19 health and safety certified by the Tourism Product Development Company Ltd. and can be found on the Government of Jamaica's COVID-19 Protocol Compliant Approved Listings.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.