Durres - Sightseeing tour
Durres city lies on the Adriatic coast and is main commercial port of Albania. Durres, Albania's second largest city was known formerly as Durrahium and is one of the oldest towns in the country. Nowadays, after Albania's opening to democracy, it is becoming a major hub for tourism and trade in the Western Balkans.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide in English during all tour itinerary.
- Entry/Admission - Durres Amphitheatre
- Entry/Admission - Durres Archaeological Museum
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Legend says that it was founded by Epidamnos, the Illyrian King of the area, who called it by his own name and named the port area after his grandson, Dyrrah. It was for centuries the largest port on the Adriatic, it was the start of the ancient "Via Egnatia" the strategic road to connect Rome - Durres - Thessaloniki - Istanbul. And it was a vibrant city for millenniums, and was considered 'Adriatic tavern" until Ottoman invasion in 13th Century, where it will loose its glory.
We visit the Roman times amphitheater and the Archaeological Museum, situated near the sea and rich in objects excavated in Durres. We also visit the Roman Baths behind the Aleksander Moisiu Theatre on the central square.
Departure Point :Venetian Tower, Rruga Anastas Durrsaku, Durrës, Albania
Traveler pickup is offered
Torra Veneciane, is the meeting point to start the tour. Ports
- Durrers Port, cruises point.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.