E-scooter rental Volendam - Countryside of Amsterdam
Hire a super cool E-scooter and ride along the Amsterdam countryside like a king. Feel the wind in
your hair while discovering the most beautiful spots from Volendam and its harbor villages around.
The E-scooters are a perfect day out with your partner, friends and family!
per adult from
1 to 3 hours
What's included :
- E-chopper rental
- Map of the surroundings to determine your route
What's excluded :
- Meals and drinks
- Boat ticket
- Depart from the old harbour in Volendam on your super cool E-chopper to explore multiple villages. Along the route you will see a beautiful windmill, lots of meadows, a countless number of cows and sheeps and you will cross the famous Dutch dikes. The one time you will be cruising on top of the dike, so you can see (and even dive into!) the lake, the 'Gouwzee'. The other time you are riding meters below sea level along the dike to experience how the Dutch locals live behind the dikes.
From Volendam you can either choose or be advised which villages you would like to visit with your E-chopper. Within one hour you can perfectly visit Edam, a almost 800 year old town north of Volendam. Edam is famous for its peaceful narrow alleys and small canals, the beautiful façades of the cozy houses and the unique small boutiques. Also Edam is known for its cheese market where visitors can both taste and purchase a various number of cheeses.
Also another town, which is called Monnickendam can be visited in only one hour of time. When walking or cruising around in the old center of Monnickendam it will feel like you went back in time. Along the streets you will see the beautiful houses made of light bronze bricks. Also the old harbour with its pretty ships and charming terraces is definitely worth a visit. An absolute highlight in Monnickendam is the beer brewery, where you can see where and how the beer is brewed, where you can taste the homemade sausages and enjoy the lovely terrace along the water.
When you have more time to spend it is highly advised to make a tour from Volendam to Monnickendam and from Monnickendam to the former island Marken. Marken is a stunning town with lovely bridges over the small canals and really nice wooden façades. As the island can only be reached by the 10 kilometer long dike, the small town is surrounded by water where it becomes really clear again how the Dutch are dealing with living below sealevel. From Marken it is possible to take the boat back to Volendam. The express is departing each 30 minutes from Marken to Volendam and it is possible to bring your E-chopper on the ship. After a 30 minutes cruise you will be back in Volendam where you can drive underneath the dike back to the rental company to bring back your E-chopper.
Departure Point :Haven 45, 1131 EP Volendam, Netherlands
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Important: Driving on an E-chopper is only allowed when you are in the possession of a valid driving licence
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.