Early Bird Private Vatican Tour
A once-in-a-lifetime experience to enter the Vatican Museums ahead of the opening to the general public with this 3-hour private tour!
Allow yourself to be immersed in the beauty of the Vatican Collection in a more intimate, privileged setting! Explore the Galleries as well as the breathtaking Raphael Rooms, step into the Borgia Apartments to discover the Vatican's scandalous Borgia Pope. Admire the magnificence of the Sistine Chapel frescoes, renowned worldwide for Michelangelo's ceiling and altar masterpieces! Stand in awe inside the St.Peter's Basilica home of the Bernini Baldacchino and Michelangelo's Pietà, you will also see the spectacular Pope Grottoes where important tombs from the middle age are preserved. In the Papal Grottoes there is also the Tomb of St. Peters' the first Pope of Rome!
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide for 3 hours
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Private tour
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Museums
- Entry/Admission - Sistine Chapel
- Entry/Admission - St. Peter's Basilica
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vatican Museums, Viale Vaticano, 00120 Vatican City Italy
Vatican Museums and Upper Galleries, including the one of the Maps, Tapestries and Candelabra. The galleries are connecting the north section of the Vatican Palace with the Sistine Chapel and the Basilica of St. Peter’s. The rooms preserved many roman statues discovered during the excavations and many spectacular painted rooms.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Sistine Chapel, Viale Vaticano, 00165 Vatican City Italy
Michelangelo's Sistine Chapel with the Frescoes painted in the 1500s for the Pope Julius II and Paul III; Michelangelo first painted the Ceiling where he represented the Creation of the World, from the Genesis book, and stories of Noah’s life. The Renaissance “Genius” when he was 61 years old he will come back to paint in five years only Last Judgement on the wall behind the altar.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: St. Peter's Basilica, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
The Basilica was built from the 1506 and it has replaced the Medieval Basilica built under the Emperor Constantine. The Basilica was built in 120 years by many architects including Raphael and Michelangelo. The inside decoration of the Basilica is very Baroque thanks to the “Genius of the Baroque Gian Lorenzo Bernini who projected the “Altar of the Chair of St. Peter” and the Baldachin. Inside the Basilica there is a beautiful chapel where is preserved the Michelangelo’s Pieta. The artists represent this painful moment with the body of Jesus laying on the laps of his mother after the deposition from the Cross.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Vatican Museums, 00120, Vatican City
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :Saint Peter's Square, Piazza San Pietro, Città del Vaticano, Vatican City
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- St. Peter's Basilica is a church and, as such, the Vatican can decide to close it for religious functions without any notice. We are not responsible for unexpected closure of the basilica. When the Basilica of St. Peter is closed for religious functions, you will spend a longer time in the Vatican galleries with your guide.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved, not recommended for customers with limited mobility.
- Personal photography is allowed during this tour, except in the Sistine Chapel.
- Please be on time in order to enter the Vatican Museums at the time booked and avoid losing the tour.
- Your private driver will pick you and drop you off up at your centrally located hotel so please ensure you provide us with all the required information at the time of booking.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Please note: a limited number of infant seats available, please inform us how many you need.
- Please note: in some areas of the Vatican the stroller must be carried by yourself in your arms, due to architectural restrictions.
- Please note that, for disabled visitors with certified invalidity of more than 74%, the Vatican Museums offers free entry that is extended to a companion for visitors who are not self-sufficient. To benefit from this, make sure you mention it at the time of booking so that our staff may handle your request.
- Please make sure you ask the guide any curiosities you may have during the tour, we want to ensure you have the very best experience!
- Please bring comfortable shoes and a refillable water bottle.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- No shorts above the knees, no sleeveless t-shirts are permitted, no big backpacks are allowed, no big umbrellas are permitted, no pointed objects are allowed.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Rome Private Guides is glad to inform you that all our “Small group tours” and “Private Tours” comply with the protocols and guidelines suitable to guarantee the performance of our service in safe conditions to prevent Covid-19. The safety and health of our clients and staff is our highest priority.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 4 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 3 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.