Edinburgh William Wallace and Stirling Tour in Spanish
This 11-hour tour will give you and your small group the chance to discover the full essence of Edinburgh, Scotland. Packed with Scottish heroes, castles, monuments, legends, breathtaking landscapes, culture, and the step-by-step process of whiskey making, this tour is a must-do.
Your expert tour guide will help you learn the true history of William Wallace. You’ll have the chance to walk on the battlefield where Robert the Bruce gained Scottish Independence over 700 years ago. You will relive the adventures of the famous Rob Roy MacGregor, and you’ll surround yourself with the magic of Loch Katrine, in the Trossachs National Park.
Also, you’ll become acquainted with the lives of the greatest heroes of Scotland and you will end making a toast in a scotch whiskey distillery -- slainte! Tour includes hotel pickup in a Mercedes minivan.
per adult from
What's included :
- Spanish speaking driver-guide
- Children booster seats available on request
What's excluded :
- Attraction tickets
- Meals and Drinks
- Here's the schedule for your full-day tour:
• Pick-up (7:30am - 8am): From 7:30 in the morning, your Spanish-speaking guide will pick you up via a Mercedes minivan at your accommodation in Edinburgh. Please be ready since your guide may have other passengers to pick up.
• First stop at Bannockburn (9am - 9:15am): Travel north, driving past Linlithgow Palace, birthplace of Mary Stuart. Arrive to Bannockburn battlefield at around 9am, and relive one of the most important battles for the Scots while having a walk. Admire the impressive statue dedicated to this Scottish king until around 9:15am. Resume your journey towards Stirling.
• Second stop at Stirling Castle (9:30am - 11am): Drive through the city of Stirling. You’ll be able to see its medieval cobbled streets and buildings. Get to the castle esplanade around 9:30am. You’ll have enough time to visit the castle or to explore the city. Leave around 11am.
• Third stop at Wallace Monument (11:15am - 12:15pm): Cross the river Forth admiring the famous Stirling Bridge until you and your group get to the hill of Abbey Craig at around 11:15am. From the parking lot, walk to the base of Wallace Monument to enjoy the beautiful views he had back in 1296, when the Battle of Stirling Bridge took place against the English. Depart at around 12:15pm towards the Trossachs National Park.
• Fourth stop at Aberfoyle (1pm - 2pm): See the beautiful National Park as you are told about its traditional tales and legends until you reach the scenic village of Aberfoyle to have lunch (not included in price) at around 1pm. Leave at 2pm.
• Fifth stop at Loch Katrine (2:20pm - 3:20pm): Drive through one of the most beautiful areas of the Trossachs National Park, among forests and mountains, and see the famous hairy cows from the Highlands (the hairy coos) as the guide tells you and your group about the tales of the area. Arrive to the beautiful Loch Katrine, where you'll have a pleasant walk or even rent a bike to take in the magic of the surrounding nature.
• Sixth stop at the distillery (4pm - 5:15pm): On the way to the distillery, get to know the touching life of the Scottish version of ‘Robin Hood’, the charismatic Rob Roy MacGregor, which took place in the area you will be travelling around. At around 4pm, arrive at a distillery with a beautiful history before it started making the national beverage, Scotch whiskey. Visit the distillery to learn about the process of this ancient beverage and to have a toast at the end of the tour. Depart at 5:15pm.
• Arrival in Edinburgh (6:30pm - 6:45pm): After this day full of experiences, your guide will drop you off in the city centre of Edinburgh at around 6:30pm.
Departure Point :17 Charlotte Square, Edinburgh EH2 4DJ, UK
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Minimum age is 5 years
- Maximum is 16 people per trip
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Organised by Escocia Turismo