El Yunque National Forest Half Day Tour
Take time to escape to heaven on Earth in this half day tour, and let the natural beauty of El Yunque Rainforest captivate you with its lush green vegetation, amazing flora, huge boulders, cascading rivers and scenic views. Visit the only Tropical Rainforest in the US Federal jurisdiction, with over 28,000 continuous acres, and let it immerse you in a wild, secluded and unique paradise. At the same time you will be infused with the vibrating energy of El Yunque’s rivers and clean air, just like the indigenous Taíno tribe did centuries ago.
During this tour you will visit the world famous La Coca Waterfall, the perfect setting for picture opportunities. We will also stop at the Yocahú Observation Tower and other areas so you may enjoy the different views of El Yunque. A final stop at Angelito Trail (or equivalent) where you will do an easy walk to another waterfall and river. Sometimes the tour schedule allows to have spare time to bathe on it's refreshing waters.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Complimentary pickup and drop-off in selected areas of San Juan (Old San Juan, Condado and Isla Verde locations and touristic zones)
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Certified Tour Guide
- Live narration in English
- Bottled Water and light snacks
- First aid equipment
- Entry/Admission - Catarata La Coca
- Entry/Admission - El Yunque Rain Forest
What's excluded :
- This tour does not include a stop for lunch
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Catarata La Coca, El Yunque National Forest 00745 Puerto Rico
After an estimate hour drive from San Juan, upon arrival to El Yunque National Rainforest we will visit this world known 85 feet (26 m) waterfall. Here you will have great picture opportunities!
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: El Yunque Rain Forest, El Yunque National Forest Puerto Rico
We will then visit other areas of the Forest, as your Certified tour guide continues to share interesting facts about the Rainforest and Puerto Rico in general.
A stop at Yocahú Observation Tower, where you will climb 98 spiral steps to the top where views are unobstructed and far-reaching. At this point you are 1,500 feet (457 m) above sea level.
A final stop at Angelito Trail (or equivalent when closed to the public) in order to do an estimate 15 minute walk to appreciate another waterfall and river. As you wander along the trail, your guide will introduce you to the exotic varieties of flowers and the fresh ginger that grow alongside your route. You’ll also learn about the reserve’s significance to the local Taino Indians, who have long considered the area as sacred.
Depending on the group pace (and cruise passengers schedule) you may have a brief time to bathe on it's refreshing waters. Be prepared with swimsuit underneath and a towel in the event we can make this stop (not guaranteed).
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Complimentary pick up in selected areas of San Juan: Old San Juan, Condado, Isla Verde, Miramar and Ocean Park and Calle Loiza. Meeting point available by PR-3 in Rio Grande.Exact pick up time will be provided the day prior to the tour.Airports
- Luis Munoz Marin Intl Airport, Carolina 979 Puerto Rico
- Pan-American Pier, Calle Muelle, San Juan, 00901, Puerto Rico
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: contact phone number or email, ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- A minimum of 8 persons is required for the tour to operate. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund. This activity operates on limited days a week.
- The duration of transfers from San Juan to the Forest is 1 hour each way approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions. Estimate activity duration includes driving time.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- The El Yunque National Forest Half Day tour is led by Bespoke Lifestyle Management, who operates under special use permit on the El Yunque National Forest and operates on a non-discriminatory basis.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Have a good breakfast before departing, as this tour does not include stop to eat.
- Children 0-6 years must use car seats in order to participate on tour (can be provided complimentary if requested with anticipation, and is subject to availability).
- Children must have purchased ticket regardless the age.
- Most travelers can participate
- Travel light and only bring the necessary to the tour. Leave behind electronic devices, any important documentation like passport, large sums of cash or credit cards. Cell phones require waterproof case. Bespoke Lifestyle Management will not be responsible for lost or stolen belongings. No luggage allowed on the buses.
- Please be ready at confirmed location 10 minutes prior to the confirmed time, bus will only wait 5 minutes per pick up stop.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 28 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.