El Yunque National Forest Tour from Fajardo
Explore lesser known areas of El Yunque Rainforest in a complete off the beaten path way. Immerse yourself into the lush forest and enjoy hiking and rock climbing towards the pristine natural pools. Your certified guide will assist along the way, while sharing interesting and important facts about the Forest, its eco system and Puerto Rico in general. After a more advanced hike you will reach another set of natural pools from where you can cliff jump, swing from a rope and enjoy from its views and natural waterslides.
Please make sure to read all details and additional information before booking. This tour is a moderate to strenuous activity and may not be suitable for everybody. For a lighter version please look for our El Yunque National Half Day tour.
per adult from
What's included :
- Pickup and drop-off (from selected Fajardo areas)
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Certified tour guide
- Live narration in English
- Bottled water - and light snacks
- First-aid equipment and radio communications
- Entry/Admission - El Yunque Rain Forest
What's excluded :
- Gratuity (recommended)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: El Yunque Rain Forest, El Yunque National Forest Puerto Rico
Once we arrive to the Forest grounds we will have a 30-minute hike that includes river wading and a rock scaling path to the river. This is a completely off the beaten path trip that will take you into the lush vegetation where you will be surrounded by bamboo trees, rain-forest flowers, and many other beautiful plants. Your guide will be there to assist you along the way while sharing interesting facts about this entire eco system, help you spot the native flora and fauna and answer all your questions.
We will first stop at a collecting pool that forms at the base of a small waterfall. Here you will have the opportunity to swim on it’s crystal clear waters, and enjoy the different tones of its deep pools. A glimpse at the first waterfall, great for pictures opportunities!
We will then proceed to do a more advanced hike with rock climbing to the next set of natural pools along the river. Here you can swim, swing from a rope to the river, cliff jump, and enjoy the natural water slides. This is the highlight of the trip that cannot be missed!
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Balneario Luquillo, Luquillo Puerto Rico
After we conclude the tour we will drive to the Luquillo Kiosks or a restaurant on a nearby area to have an authentic Puerto Rican lunch (food cost not included).
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Walgreens, 4203 Calle Marginal, Fajardo, 00738, Puerto Rico
Traveler pickup is offered
Depending on your location in Fajardo we may be able to pick you up there, or may require to meet with us at a specific meeting point.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age to participate is 7 years
- At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- Not suitable for pregnant ladies past their first trimester, persons with back or knee problems, recent surgeries, injuries, or other serious medical conditions.
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Due to safety reasons participants must be able to understand English or Spanish.
- Use of lifejacket is mandatory once participating on the water related activities.
- Once you begin the tour, you must finish it all the way up to the second stop and return back with the group.
- Estimate total duration includes driving and lunch time.
- Additional fee will apply for pick ups outside of selected San Juan areas (Dorado, Bayamon, Rio Grande, Fajardo, Humacao).
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Please travel light and only bring the necessary to the tour. Leave behind electronic devices, any important documentation like passport, large sums of cash or credit cards. Cell phones require waterproof case.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.