El Yunque National Forest Tour from San Juan
Take time to escape from the city and dare yourself to explore other less known areas of El Yunque Rainforest. Hike in an off beaten path trail, river trek, rock climb, learn and spot it's flora and fauna, and enjoy its gorgeous waterfalls, natural pools and waterslides. Along with your knowledgeable certified tour guide you will be immersed in a wild secluded paradise, and fully infused with the vibrating energy of El Yunque's rivers and fresh clean air, just like the indigenous Taino Indians did centuries ago.
Please make sure to read all details and additional information before booking. This tour is a moderate to strenuous activity and may not be suitable for everybody. For a lighter version please look for our El Yunque National Half Day tour.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Complimentary pickup and drop-off in selected areas of San Juan (Old San Juan, Condado and Isla Verde locations and touristic zones)
- Certified Tour Guide
- Live narration in English
- Bottled Water and light snacks
- First aid equipment
- Entry/Admission - El Yunque Rain Forest
What's excluded :
- Gratuity is not incuded but greatly appreciated for a job well-done!
- Transportation fee for pick up at locations outside of San Juan
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: El Yunque Rain Forest, El Yunque National Forest Puerto Rico
Your initial hike is an approximate 30-minute journey on a river wading and rock scaling path to the river. This area is surrounded by bamboo trees, rain-forest flowers, and many other beautiful plants. Your guide will take the time to share interesting facts about this entire eco system, help you spot the native flora and fauna and answer all your questions.
We will make a stop to visit a collecting pool that forms at the base of a small waterfall. Here you will have the opportunity to swim on it’s crystal clear waters, and enjoy the different tones of its deep pools. A glimpse at the first waterfall, great for pictures opportunities!
The adventure finishes in a pool area, its best kept secret. After a few minutes of hiking and rock climbing (more advanced), arrive at a natural river where you can swim, swing from a rope to the river, cliff jump, and enjoy the natural water slides.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Balneario Luquillo, Luquillo Puerto Rico
After we conclude the tour we will stop at the Luquillo Kiosks or nearby restaurant to have an authentic Puerto Rican lunch before returning to San Juan (food cost not included).
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Complimentary pick up in selected areas of San Juan: Old San Juan, Condado, Isla Verde, Miramar, Ocean Park and Calle Loiza. Meeting point available by PR-3 in Rio Grade, Luquillo and Fajardo.Exact pick up time will be provided the day prior to the tour.Ports
- Pan-American Pier, Calle Muelle, San Juan, 00901, Puerto Rico
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Have a good breakfast before departing on the tour.
- Hiking and water shoes are strongly recommended, tennis with a good grip also work. Remember you will hike thru rocky, muddy, uneven surfaces and rock climb.
- Wear bathing suit and comfortable clothes. Bring a towel and extra pair of clothing.
- Failure to provide hotel/lodging or cruise information upon booking may result in bus not being able to pick you at your location or close to it. No refunds will be issued if you miss your pick up.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Not suitable for pregnant ladies past their first trimester, persons with back or knee problems, recent surgeries, injuries, or other serious medical conditions.
- Due to safety reasons participants must be able to understand English or Spanish. Legally blind or deaf persons are not able to participate due to the same. An alternative for persons with certain limitations is to book a Private Rainforest tour. Please contact us for more information.
- Operates based on weather and river conditions, there is a possibility of cancellation if conditions are not found safe during rainy days.
- Use of lifejacket is mandatory once participating on the water related activities.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Once you begin the tour, you must finish it all the way up to the second stop and return back with the group.
- Additional transfer fee to towns outside of selected San Juan/Metro area will apply (each way):Rio Grande / Dorado / Fajardo/ Humacao).
- Estimate activity duration includes driving time.
- Please travel light and only bring the necessary to the tour. Leave behind electronic devices, any important documentation like passport, large sums of cash or credit cards. Cell phones require waterproof case.
- Bespoke LM Reserves the Right of Admission - If a person appears to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs, not following COVID19 protocols or not dressed appropriately (due safety) the Guide has the right to Cancel their reservation at any moment, and No Refunds will be issued due to this.
- Children must be 7 years or older to participate.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.