El Yunque Rainforest Guided Hiking with Waterfall Tour
Post hurricane Irma & Maria (2017) notice: Most of the popularly known trails remain closed until further notice. Our tour route has been adapted into an Off the Beaten Path version in order to continue offering a full day of pure adventure. During this tour you will experience hiking thru the skirts of El Yunque National Rainforest, spot the different fauna and flora, and bathe in a waterfall. Participants must be capable of walking thru rocky, muddy, uneven terrain and rock climb. This exhilarating experience includes water related activities such as swinging from a rope into the natural pools, cliff jump and natural waterslides.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- National park fees
- Bottled water and light snacks
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (within touristic zone and selected San Juan areas)
- USCG certified lifejackets
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY FOR ALL SAFETY REQUIREMENTS AND LIMITATIONS FOR THIS
After arriving to Ceiba we will begin with a 25-30 minute hike, that includes a brief river trek. Once entered at the skirts of the forest you will have a complete off the beaten path experience where you will have climb thru rocks and trees to reach the pristine natural pools and waterfalls. Here you can also swing from a rope or cliff jump. We will spend some time here before proceeding to the next stop, a more advanced hike to higher natural pools that leads to the exciting natural waterslides. We then have to return thru the same off beaten path, sometimes returning by water (swimming) is an option too.
During all this time your certified guide will share important information about the only tropical rainforest in the US Forest System, as well as interesting facts about Puerto Rico's culture and history, while ensuring you have a safe, fun and knowledgable experience.
After the tour ends we will stop at a local restaurant for a late lunch (food cost not included), before returning to San Juan or your initial meeting point.
• El Yunque Rain Forest, El Yunque National Forest Puerto Rico
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Complimentary pick up in selected areas of San Juan: Old San Juan, Condado, Isla Verde, Miramar and Ocean Park and Calle Loiza. Meeting point available by PR-3 in Rio Grade, Luquillo and Fajardo.Exact pick up time will be provided the day prior to the tour.Ports
- Pan-American Pier, Calle Muelle, San Juan, 00901, Puerto Rico
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please dress appropriately: Wear hiking shoes (tennis with a good grip also works). Can also bring water shoes for when you go into the river. Please note: shoes will get wet and very muddy
- Participants must be physically capable of walking thru steep, rocky, muddy and uneven surfaces without assistance.
- Must have a good breakfast before departing on this tour.
- Wear bathing suit underneath, bring a towel and change of clothes.
- Children must be 7 years to participate.
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints, back or knee problems, recent injuries or other serious medical conditions.
- Not suitable for woman past their first trimester or elderly persons with mobility limitations.
- Tour operates based weather and river conditions. In the event of poor weather you will be offered an alternate tour, option to reschedule or refund.
- Failure to provide hotel/lodging or cruise information upon booking may result in bus not being able to pick you at your location or close to it. No refunds will be issued if you miss your pick up.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Due to safety reasons participants must be able to understand English or Spanish. Legally blind or deaf persons are not able to participate due to the same. An alternative for persons with certain limitations is to book a Private Rainforest tour. Please contact us for more information.
- Use of lifejacket is mandatory once participating on the water related activities.
- Once you begin the tour, you must finish it all the way up to the second stop and return back with the group.
- Estimate duration includes lunch and driving time.
- Please travel light and only bring the necessary to the tour. Leave behind electronic devices, any important documentation like passport, large sums of cash or credit cards. Cell phones require waterproof case.
- Additional transfer fee from towns outside of San Juan/Metro area will apply (each way)
- Bespoke LM Reserves the Right of Admission - If a person appears to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs, not following instructions, causing disruptions or not dressed appropriately (for certain tours) the Guide has the right to Cancel their reservation at any moment, and No Refunds will be issued due to this.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.