El Yunque Rainforest Hiking Adventure
If you are looking for an extreme adventure and hike thru less known areas of El Yunque Rainforest, this is the one for you! You will get to explore many "off the beaten path" trails with secluded fresh water pools, rope swings, bamboo forest paths, majestic views, a water slide, and rocks to jump from. This for sure will be your favorite activity in Puerto Rico!
Please note: This adventure may not be suitable for everyone due to it's level of difficulty. Please read all Additional Information provided on this description before booking. Do not hesitate to contact us for inquiries or more information.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Puerto Rico Tourism Company Certified Tour Guide
- National Park fees, taxes, fees and handling charges
- Bottled water
- USCG certified Lifejackets
What's excluded :
Get adventurous. Get off the paved trail! During this tour, we will seek out some of El Yunque National Forest hidden gems in places where most tours don't go.
Your initial hike is an approximate 30-minute journey on a river wading and rock scaling path to the river. This area is surrounded by bamboo trees, rain-forest flowers, and many other beautiful plants. We will make a stop to visit a collecting pool that forms at the base of a small waterfall by the river. Here you will have the opportunity to swim on it’s crystal clear waters or jump from a rope, and enjoy the different tones of its deep pools. A glimpse at the first waterfall, great for pictures opportunities!
The adventure finishes in another pool area, its best kept secret. After a few minutes of hiking and rock climbing (more advanced), arrive at a natural river where you can swim, cliff jump, and enjoy the natural water slides as many times as you would like!
After the tour ends we will stop at a local restaurant for a late lunch (food cost not included), before returning to San Juan or your initial meeting point. This stop will take from 1 to 1.5 hours.
• Bosque Nacional El Yunque, Rio Grande, 00745-9625 Puerto Rico
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Complimentary pick up in selected areas of San Juan: Old San Juan, Condado, Isla Verde, Miramar and Ocean Park and Calle Loiza. Meeting point available by PR-3 in Rio Grade, Luquillo and Fajardo.Exact pick up time will be provided the day prior to the tour.Ports
- Pan-American Pier, Calle Muelle, San Juan, 00901, Puerto Rico
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for participants with back or knee problems, previous injuries or surgeries, heart conditions, vertigo, misbalance or other serious medical conditions
- Hiking shoes, hiking sandals or tennis with good grip is required, water shoes are also recommended to bring along.
- We strongly suggest to have a good breakfast before departing on this tour
- Minimum age is 7 years
- Wear swimsuit underneath, bring a towel and a change of clothes.
- Not suitable for pregnant women past their first trimester or elderly persons with mobility issues.
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- This is a moderate to strenuous activity, that may not be suitable for everyone. Please ensure you read and understand all this activity entails.
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Due to safety reasons participants must be able to understand English or Spanish.
- Once you begin the tour, you must finish it all the way up to the second stop and return back with the group.
- Please travel light and only bring the necessary to the tour. Leave behind electronic devices, any important documentation like passport, large sums of cash or credit cards. Cell phones require waterproof case.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.