Empanada Making Class and Market Tour in Buenos Aires
You will learn to make empanadas completely from scratch, including the dough and two fillings. We will visit a 130-year old gastronomic market, buy fresh ingredients for the class, and try Argentinian treats. You will taste our local beverage "Mate" and learn about the rituals and culture around it. You will learn how to make (and flip!) Argentine style dulce de leche pancakes. You will have a great chance to learn about the local culture and way of living, directly from a local.
You will spend a relaxed day in the comfort of a local's cozy apartment in a beautiful residential neighborhood.
Be ready to get messy, this is a fully hands-on experience!
per adult from
What's included :
- Lunch - Meat and corn empanadas & dulce de leche pancakes
- Snacks - Salami and cheese
- Bottled water
- Alcoholic Beverages - Wine
What's excluded :
- We'll start by visiting the Market of Progress, a 130-year old historic gastronomic market, where we'll pick fresh and organic ingredients for our meal, and try Argentinian treats. After that, we’ll make a brief stop in the English District to contemplate its architecture, and finally we will arrive at my home for the cooking class.
Once at home, you will taste and learn the rituals surrounding our famous hot beverage "mate", together with alfajores. Then we’ll start off with the cooking class: you'll make meat and corn empanadas, both the dough and the fillings from scratch. We'll make a short break where you'll get to try a typical picada, consisting of a salami and cheese platter. Then you'll learn how to make (and flip!) Argentine style dulce de leche pancakes, which we'll enjoy for dessert.
Finally, once we've finished with the cooking, we’ll sit around the table to enjoy the meal you’ve made, paired with Argentinian red wine and great conversation.
I'll accompany you on each and every step of the way, showing you the proper techniques and explaining a little bit of the history of the dishes and the different culinary traditions in the country. A fully hands-on experience!
• Mate & Alfajores
• Salami and cheese platter
• Meat & Corn Empanadas
• Dulce de leche Pancakes
Departure Point :Avenida Rivadavia & Cachimayo, C1424 CABA, Argentina
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Please let me know if you have any dietary restrictions. Changes in the menu can be made according to your needs.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 5 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.