Empordà wine region: 2500 years of wine history by Costa Brava
The history of wine in the northeastern part of Spain began more than 2500 years ago, when the Greeks founded the town of Emporion aside the Mediterranean and brought their wine to the Iberian Peninsula. Later on, the Romans continued in the area with their vine growing.
Placed at the foot of the last part of Pyrenees is ideal for characteristic and full bodied red and white wines, but also delicious dessert wines, sparkling and rosé wines are produced in the region.
All around the “Cap de Creus”, where the last part of the Pyrenees meet the sea, the dark rock is carved by the wind into fascinating formations, which absolutely fascinated the artist Salvador Dalí.
Depending on the availability of each of the activities that take place during our tour, we reserve the right of choosing one similar activity instead of another.
This tour is quite flexible, depending on the occasion, we could offer other options, as well as some time on your own.
per adult from
11 to 12 hours
What's included :
- Visit to local winery
- Local guide & sommellier
- Tasting of 7 wines
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- Lunch at a local restaurant
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Emporda, Emporda, Province of Girona, Catalonia
We start the tour with a winetasting in at very special place, where , we will be introduced to the history of the region and the wine culture and its particularities. On the trip we will visit, among other things, 2 local winemakers who try to express the region's special character through grape varieties and the local terroir.
After the first visit we are driven to a restaurant where we have lunch consisting of the local ingredients of the season. In the evening we visit the last winery.
Departure Point :1: Plaça de Sants, Barcelona, Spain
2: Plaza Catalunya, Plaça de Catalunya, 08002 Barcelona, Spain
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with mobility issues
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.