Enna - Morgantina - Caltagirone Tour
We will take you along an unusual itinerary, outside the traditional tourist routes, to discover places and landscapes unknown to most. First the discovery of the delightful medieval center of Enna and its marvelous views over the surrounding hills that can be enjoyed from the top of its 900 meters. A dive into history and archaeology will follow at the archaeological park of Morgantina and its archaeological museum. To finish with the discovery of Caltagirone, whose baroque influences do not end with the many decorations that enrich churches and buildings in the historic center, but also in the decorations of the much-known and sought-after local ceramics, of which you will learn about the techniques and secrets of processing at a local laboratory.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- WiFi on board
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Entry ticket for attractions
- Specialized Guide
- Entry/Admission - Area archeologica di Morgantina
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Duomo di Enna, Piazza Duomo, Enna, Sicily Italy
The tour begins visiting the historic centre of Enna, the highest provincial capitol in Italy with its more than 900 metres altitude. Walking through the streets of downtown you can discover the beautiful churches, charming squares and private buildings that make the historic center so characteristic and valuable. mandatory visit to the castle “Castello di Lombardia” with its wonderful view.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Area archeologica di Morgantina, 94010 Aidone, Province of Enna, Italy
We continue to Aidone with the visit of Morgantina’s archeological site where you will see the rests of the Ellenistic city, Agorà, Pritaneo, Ekklesiasterion, Greek Theatre and Macello Romano. Then a quick visit of the archaeological museum of Aidone follows to see in particular the famous Virgin of Aidone.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Via Giuseppe Pitrè, 95041 Caltagirone CT, Italy
We end up with the visit of Caltagirone, famous for its beautiful and unique pottery. Surely to be seen are, the public garden enriched with ceramics at every corner, the stairway leading to the cathedral whose stairs are decorated with beautiful majolica that make it unique, and the many churches and buildings of the historic center. After a walk in the fascinating town center, we will visit a workshop where we will be shown the processing techniques of local pottery.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
WE WILL PICK YOU UP FROM ANY PLACE! Note: the price refers to the departure with pick up from the Catania area.For pick-ups in the Taormina and Siracusa area an extra charge will be applied as follows:from 1 to 3 people € 30.00 in total;from 4 to 8 people € 10.00 per person.This amount must be paid in cash directly to the driver.Ports
- Taormina - Giardini Naxos
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.