Epic Las Terrenas Half Distance 19km
Perfect for runners looking for a slightly shorter Caribbean experience. The terrain varies from forest, jungle, swamps and road. Steep climbs and descents can be quite technical depending on weather conditions. The trail can be quite muddy and slippery at times. The course is a complete loop, a motorcycle taxi will be provided to return to Punta Popy. The run will be followed by a complete breakfast.
This Running Tour is designed for people that are well trained so spect to run an average of 3hours on trail.
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Since The temperature might rice a lot by noon we recommend to start at 7:00am so we go to your place and pick you up. Then we all go to the starting point at Punta Popy. The course begin running on a paved road with almost no traffic and we will stop by a local neighborhood. After a 1km we go in to a really nice trail where once a year a mountain bike race take place. The trail is surrounded by lots of trees so don´t be surprised if your guide handle you a mango or a chinola, There are no rivers to cross but you might find lots of mud on raining season. The route has short but very steep hills and a little technical downhills. . This is a lonely area but sometimes you will get to see a farmers working on their lost Jonucos (small harvest fields) of Yuca, Bananas, Papaya, Avocados. etc. We will cross a caliche mine at the half of the way. The run finish in the next town named La Barbacoa where we are taking a beverage in a local colmado (local grocery store) where we will wait for the guagua (local bus) to go back to Punta Popy.
At the end we will enjoy a full breakfast
• Starting Point: Punta Popy
• Humidity: 80-100%
• Average temperature: 20-35ºC
• Terrain: Dirt road, single track, double track and road.
• Minimum estimated run time: 2 hours
• Level: Intermediate to advanced
All Tours Include:
– Local Pick Up
– Professional Guide
– First Aid Kit
– Water & Sports Drink
– Hammer Bar or similar
– Fresh coconut water at the end of the run
– GuaGua (local bus)
– Full Breakfast (extra drinks not included)
Departure Point :Punta Popy
Departure Time :
Return Detail :Punta Popy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.