Epic Tour of Pompeii with Winery Visit & Lunch
Meet your expert Archaeologist guide as you step off the train at Pompeii station and get fast track entrance to the remarkable ruins. Pompeii was a prosperous Roman city until Mt. Vesuvius erupted and the entire area and population was engulfed by pyroclastic flow and covered in boiling ash. Walk down ancient streets and see richly coloured frescoes which still adorn this amazing place. Upon conclusion of your guided tour, a car and driver will take you to a prizewinning vineyard close nearby to taste the four wines produced there. You will feast on the fruits of fertile land which encircles Mt. Vesuvius - eat as the Pompeiians did! After lunch your driver will return you to Pompeii train station.
per adult from
What's included :
- Meet your expert local Archaeologist when you alight from the train at Pompeii
- Walk right in to the ruined city, devastated by the cataclysmic eruption of Vesuvius in AD 79!
- See colourful frescoes which depict the personal and private lives of long since deceased Pompeiians
- Reflect on a city lost to the fury of a still dangerously active volcano en route to the winery
- Sip on sulphite-rich wines with a distinctly Vesuvian flavour!
- A grand Campanian lunch follows with panoramic views of the sometimes smouldering crater!
- Get one last look at Pompeii and Mt. Vesuvius during the drive back to Pompeii train station
- Entry/Admission - Pompeii Archaeological Park
- Entry/Admission - Bosco de Medici Winery
What's excluded :
- Personal extras
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pompeii, Pompeii, Province of Naples, Campania
Arrive in the expansive archaeological area of the ruined city of Pompeii and meet your tour guide who will walk you inside.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Pompeii Archaeological Park, Porta Marina (via Villa dei Misteri), 80045 Pompeii Italy
Walk through Pompeii with your guide and understand everything about the devastating eruption of Mt. Vesuvius in AD 79. It's because of Pompeii that we know so much about Roman life in antiquity!
Duration: 1 hour 50 minutes
Stop At: Bosco de Medici Winery, Via Antonio Segni 41, 80045 Pompeii Italy
Pompeiian lunch with four wine tastings which will leave you full and satisfied!
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Pompei Scavi - Villa Dei Misteri, 80045 Pompei, Metropolitan City of Naples, Italy
Departure Time :10:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Maximum 10 travelers on this tour, hand sanitizer made available (we will provide), mandatory mask-wearing on the tour (bring your own)
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- We take the necessary post-coronavirus precautions on all our tours. This tour is checked several times daily for health and hygiene compliance and maintenance of secure operational standards.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.