Essaouira Tour from Marrakech shared small-group
Explore the beautiful seaside town of Essaouira on a full-day-tour from Marrakech. Visit the traditional port, breathtaking beach, and magnificent Medina. Stroll along the historic ramparts and step back in time.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Stop To visit a Traditional Argan Oil factory
What's excluded :
- lunch Is Not Inluded
- The hustle and bustle of Marrakech quickly slips away as you enter into the peace and beauty that is Essaouira. This ancient citadel on the West Atlantic coast of Africa literally means “wall” in the Berber language, and you’ll soon discover why. Travelers from all over the world come here to experience the very special weather, and explore its diverse and unique history.
The vegetation changes to Argan trees that only grow in the wild and which provide berries for local goats to eat. These special trees are valued for their nutritive, cosmetic and numerous medicinal properties. The tree, a relict species from the Tertiary age, is extremely well adapted to drought and other environmentally difficult conditions of southwestern Morocco, and while now endangered, they are under protection of UNESCO.
Gaze at the panoramic views of Essaouira as you drive into town. The charming and artistic blue and white town has been a favorite amongst barefoot travelers for decades. In Essaouira, you can explore its peculiar wonders at your leisure. Stroll along the quays, where you can watch fishermen unloading their catch of the day and fishing boats coming back to shore, or enjoy the many restaurants at the port and dine on fresh fish and seafood.
Wander through picturesque streets, explore the historic ramparts and visit the Medina, full of local artists selling their crafts made of Thuya wood. The ramparts will give you an insight in to how this old seaport village was armed against the threat of invasion. Marquetry still remains a traditional specialty of Essaouira. Another beautiful attraction of the region is its tranquil beach, where you could easily spend a relaxing and peaceful time
After a full day of sightseeing, return to your hotel
Departure Point :1: Marrakesh, Morocco
2: Marrakesh, Morocco
3: Medina, Marrakesh 40000, Morocco
4: Jamaa El Fna, Marrakesh 40000, Morocco
Traveler pickup is offered
jemaa el fna square
Departure Time :8:45 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.