Essentials of Hungarian Wine Tasting (with Cheese and Charcuterie) in Budapest
Delve into the delicious, underrated world of Hungarian wine on this 2-hour evening wine tasting in Budapest, with an expert sommelier-guide. Head to a cozy wine shop and sample eight unique local wines, specially selected to give you a well-rounded overview of Hungary’s wines, from classics to up-and-coming varieties. Wines will be paired with with a selection of local flavors (cheese, charcuterie, etc.).
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional sommelier-guide
- 8 wine tastings
- A light food pairing to accompany each wine
- Mineral water
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Additional food and drinks
- A crash course on Hungary’s increasingly fabulous wines featuring a sommelier-led evening tasting of 8 fine wines paired with a selection of food pairings.
Featuring a carefully curated selection of eight great Hungarian wines, this sommelier-led tasting distills the wide range of Hungarian wine into a comprehensible story. Over two hours you’ll get a good overview of Hungarian wine—including the history, the major regions, the important varietals, unique characteristics and styles, and promising trends.
We buy our wine directly from the producers, who we have gotten to know well over the years, and every wine you will taste during the course of the tasting will be there for a reason. By the end of the tasting you will have a good understanding of Hungary’s place in the world of wine (and plenty of good wine in your belly).
This tasting is designed for anyone with an interest in wine, who would like to know more about the relatively unknown wines of Hungary. The final wine in the lineup will be a glass of sweet Tokaj aszú wine, one of the world’s greatest sweet wines This tasting is accompanied by a selection of local food pairings.
• Taste Hungary, Brody Sandor utca 9 Cellar Entrance, Budapest 1088 Hungary
• Cheese and Charcuterie Board (with local specialties)
Departure Point :Tasting Table Budapest, Budapest, Cellar entrance, Bródy Sándor u. 9, 1088 Hungary
Departure Time :6:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.